Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: It's A Crime

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverichardson View Post
    I apologise Red: I hit dislike by mistake. I do wish there was an undo for that button!
    There is Dave, unfortunately we don't have access to it.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    There is Dave, unfortunately we don't have access to it.
    Which makes it all the more annoying!
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

3. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I apologise Red: I hit dislike by mistake. I do wish there was an undo for that button!

Too late for apologies the boys are already on the way up the A!

5. Likes Daverichardson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which makes it all the more annoying!
    Would be nice if it could be moved to the right hand side of the bar which would eliminate mistakes.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

7. Likes Daverichardson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a camper van is loaded to go on holiday the chances are it will be loaded to its max with cloths passenger's and food, a commercial van may not be totally loaded at all times so stopping distance argument is a nonsense. The law is an ass.
    2005 S-Type SE Zircon Blue 18 inch Monaco Wheels

9. Thanks Bluechem thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As officially the Law is in place, set and can not be changed or challenged in any way, the only thing I can do is accept my points for my crime. What is obvious in these situations is that there is usually no intention to break the Law. I will be clobbered by the insurance companies for 4 to 5 years now, unfairly as driving 57mph in a 60 in a 15 plate modern quality van should not constitute a higher insurance risk!! I suppose worse things do happen, but have debates about it on here I will. You never know if enough people take notice something in the end might change.
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    When a camper van is loaded to go on holiday the chances are it will be loaded to its max with cloths passenger's and food, a commercial van may not be totally loaded at all times so stopping distance argument is a nonsense. The law is an ass.
    Buy a van with two windows in the side, and 60mph is fine!!! Total madness with the classification of vehicles. Take the crouching Policeman out of the back of the van and put him on Counter Terrorism.
    XF 3.0 D Luxury 2010. And no, chemical fixes can be handy, but do not replace technicians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechem View Post
    As officially the Law is in place, set and can not be changed or challenged in any way, the only thing I can do is accept my points for my crime. What is obvious in these situations is that there is usually no intention to break the Law. I will be clobbered by the insurance companies for 4 to 5 years now, unfairly as driving 57mph in a 60 in a 15 plate modern quality van should not constitute a higher insurance risk!! I suppose worse things do happen, but have debates about it on here I will. You never know if enough people take notice something in the end might change.
    Almost no insurance companies up the premium of a policyholder for a single SP30-type speeding offence. Yet more evidence that the law is an ass in this aspect.

There is a huge con being carried out by probably well meaning but misguided do-gooders that speed is a bad thing.

Speed is not bad, inappropriate speed is bad. How do you measure inappropriate speed ? You can't. How do you take conditions, time etc. into account ? You can't.

So just go with a blanket speed limit. That would be alright but they then don't apply any common sense.

People are walking free after deliberately getting into a vehicle when unfit and killing someone. Others are being put away for enjoying the capabilities of a fast vehicle in a safe environment without anyone being even inconvenienced.
    ex-owner of a 1999 X308 4.0 Sovereign LWB in blue

13. Thanks Bluechem thanked for this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789