Thread: Cheap MP3 player for 2013 XF

Post Thanks / Like

Cheap MP3 player for 2013 XF

I'm completely new to portable music players so don't really understand what's available.

I would like to download my favourite music tracks from the internet onto a portable player to use in the car. I was looking at the iPod Shuffle but the handbook says its full functionality cannot be guaranteed. I'm not interested in lots of features as long as the sound is good and it is easy to use.

Any recommendations please?
    2013 XF 3.0D stop/start Caviar red metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you not have a USB socket in the glovebox?
    If so, you don't need any player as such, just a cheap Usb stick with all your music on.
    Or, if you have a vaguely modern mobile phone, that can also act as an MP3 music player and can connect via bluetooth - which is how I play my music (I have all my music on my iPhone and the car plays it from there).
    I suggest you need access to a teenager. There are lots around, if you don't have one of your own, they can usually be borrowed from friends
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. I did try my phone just after posting and it works so that is one solution. I hadn't thought about a USB stick. That also sounds a good idea. Presumably players let you organise your music but it seems a lot of extra money for not much more.

Post Thanks / Like
    There may be a bit more functionality with a player (random etc) but if you organise your tracks in folders on the stick, you can use the screen to scroll through alphabetically and select an album etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Phone and/or stick it is.