Thread: Summer Time for AC

Post Thanks / Like

Summer Time for AC

Well it's air conditioning time again ...I've had my 86 series III converted to 134 ....I'm not sure it's better than 12 . Mine cooles fine but not at idle...after replacing a hose but it still has or had a leak ...hears the rub. 134 is cheap and I can top it off easy but 12 is costly , but cools better ...I fired the AC up this year after knowing it lasted for about 30 days last year and it's cooling fine . Hmmmm maybe a little stop leak helped .
    have u other guys used stop leak or converted to 134 or???
    And as u can see I own several jags and Other marque l cars but my 6 and 94 XJS are GREAT cars !
    Also whats up with X J 6 being till 1992 ...in my book it ended in 86 with the series III and the following car...ugly ...then 95-98 6 cyl one of the best , most dependable jags ever made ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris. Stop leak is ok for a some leaks but if you have a condenser leak or a compressor leak it will return eventually. Used it last year but had to change the compressor eventually. The best way to find out is to put a dye in the system and use a UV lamp to check for leaks.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 102K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945