Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From E-Class to XE?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliblu View Post
    Right Decision made. After a trip to my local dealer i am going for an XE R-sport 250 petrol in red with sunroof, ICT pro with digital dash, black wheels and heated steering wheel/screen pack. Only decision left now is if I should wait for the new reg in March. I am not bothered about getting a discount on ordering at end of reg period as I get staff discount from a relative so this would not make any difference. At the moment I think I will wait until March. The dealer said he can get me one delivered by start of Jan but for two months i think I should await the new reg. Anything else I should spec? I know suggestion of rear camera but i think sensors are usually good enough for me. I will possible add a spare wheel. Do the rear seats fold down? I forgot to ask this or is this an extra?
    Great news!

If you've been doing your research since July to this weekends trigger pulling, well done and a wait till March reg change ain't much longer to wait.

Me, I'd be taking the one in January as registration changes have never been a factor for me, I stick my own on anyway.

The heated steering wheel is a move most might think a needless choice, myself included until I actually had one, now I'd feel lost without it.

Enjoy,

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

My Showroom Thread

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus that keeps on going
    Now MOT'd till 30/09/18

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rich
    I added the heated steering wheel after driving a vauxhall rental that had one. Great idea for the coming winter months.
    Last edited by chilliblu; 13-11-17 at 11:35. Reason: added extra

Post Thanks / Like
    Check whether your seats are split folding. If not, add them. They come in very handy.
    For me, a spare tyre is an absolute must have.
    The rear view camera is good. If it isn't too much, add it. But the above two extras should be higher priority as long as you have rear sensors.
    Does the car have front sensors? I'm surprised how handy they have been as well.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks JugleJames forgot to say I have ordered the spare wheel. I also think they are a must have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great choice of car, same engine and model as mine. The rear camera is a must IMO as the rear window slopes so acutely it’s hard to actually gauge the distance properly. You get this odd top half of car view of the car behind in rear view mirror if they are following closely. The climate pack is a good one to have as you mentioned, put it on auto and on those winter mornings have the incontrol app do the work for you!

I didn’t bother with the space saver or split folding seats (£420 option on XE). I have the performance pack brakes on mine which are straight off the S model. You can definitely tell the difference with them and look great with the 18” wheels just about fitting past the calliper. For £91 the sports pedals make a good option too.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12