Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Questions Regarding Rear Brake Discs and Pads Following Four Year Service.

Post Thanks / Like
    So according to the 5.0 XK/XKR workshop manual, we're both wrong! "Vehicles with standard brakes" have 355mm front and 326mm rear (same as a 4.2 XKR) and "Vehicles with high performance brakes" have 380mm front and 376mm rear. I *think* 5.0 XKs had either as options but the 5.0 XKR got the "high performance brakes" as standard. No mention of a 350mm disc though.

2. Likes OCD-Jagman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    The size is also stamped into the caliper carrier, on the lower part. You can see it through the wheel.
    There is none so blind as he who will not see!

Will probably spot it after taking wheel off!!

Thanks for the tip anyway. Bit like the marks on the jack so you know where to wind it to so it fits in the polystyrene tray; they don't work well either!!! I suppose it depends whether you have the original tray, jack..........

Mike.
    S TYPE 3.0 SPORT 2001.
    X Type Petrol Estate SOVEREIGN 3.0 2008.
    XK150 5.0 Portfolio 2013

4. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    So according to the 5.0 XK/XKR workshop manual, we're both wrong! "Vehicles with standard brakes" have 355mm front and 326mm rear (same as a 4.2 XKR) and "Vehicles with high performance brakes" have 380mm front and 376mm rear. I *think* 5.0 XKs had either as options but the 5.0 XKR got the "high performance brakes" as standard. No mention of a 350mm disc though.
    I can't remember ever seeing the "high performance brakes" on the XK pricelists. I would expect that all 5.0 XKs left the factory with 355/326mm discs (at least pre-facelift - not sure after that).
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 51k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 14k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 51k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    The size is also stamped into the caliper carrier, on the lower part. You can see it through the wheel.
    Picture please, Ian. I cant see mine however hard I look. I must be looking at the wrong place....
    Speed Slows Down Time, so You Live Longer the Faster You Travel!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456