Thread: Looking for my first jag

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for my first jag

Hi im new to the forum,have allways wanted a jag and now im retired im going to treat myself ive seen a nice looking 94 xj40 3.2s with really nice bodywork car has been laid up 9years and just re commisioned passed mot with no advisories and has had a thorough service including all oils /liquids and filters includind gearbox plus 8litres off dinitro lwaxoil applied, car has a little under 80000 on the clock my concern is will having stood for 9years have caused any serious problems and what should i look for car has im told been started every 8weeks or so and has been run a short distance illegally every 6months,any advice very wellcome
    ray b

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 2007 XK last year that had been very little used from new (total 15,000 miles in 9 years) . As with yours, I had all the fluids replaced. The suspension bushes, and other rubber bits (door seals, wiper blades, etc) might have hardened on an older car, but mine were all fine. However - the tyres needed to be replaced as they had deep cracks within the tread grooves. I've done 8,000 miles in my car since buying it with no issues at all.
    2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 Coupe, PS55 KAT, Winter Gold, Caramel Leather.
    Pictures: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=101024