Thread: MK2 Mystery Mounting Bracket at the Air Distributor Box under dash

Post Thanks / Like

MK2 Mystery Mounting Bracket at the Air Distributor Box under dash

I have a bracket that is mounted with the air distributor box under the dash. I cannot find a reference to it in the Parts manual and as I recall when I disassembled my car nothing was attached to it. I thought it might have something to do with the radio or speaker but I don't see that either one attaches to this bracket. It is a mystery to me. Can anyone enlighten me?
    Thank you as always.
    Lin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phpTP2QnPAM.jpg   php1XPt7KAM.jpg   phpI8tbYhAM.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

MK2 Mystery Mounting Bracket at the Air Distributor Box under dash

Just wanted to get back to the group. As Martec, on the Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club Forum, indicated and Brian Thornton corraborated with photos, it does look like the mystery bracket is in fact for locating and securing the "trim panels on the sides of the air distributor box under the dash." Interestingly enough it does not appear that the bracket, at least as far as I can tell, is listed in the Spare Parts Catalogue. Brian's photo of the clip on the trim panel is below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8827f2d7219fac37b2bf1583223f46b77b7e6bac.JPG