Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: XK Dynamic R

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stockton on Tees
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like

    XK Dynamic R

    So, I have said my goodbyes on the X100 Forum as I traded in my 2005 XKR yesterday and picked up a 2014 XK Dynamic R - and spent today driving it home.

    I have already asked a few questions, and I am sure there will be more to come, but the 6 hours drive home was phonominal. Even having washed it I am still very pleased with it, though it has a few more stone chips than I remember and the front splitter requires a bit of fettling (it was repainted as part of the deal but is not fitted quite right). I have already changed the Vortex wheels for gloss black Vulcan's as these were an option on this model and I think they will be easier to live with, especially as I dislike diamond cut wheels.

    The overall quality of this late X150 is in a completely different league to the 2006 I owned a few years ago, so I hope this one will pass the test of time.
    2014/14 X150 5.0 XK Dynamic R Coupe in Italian Racing Red with Ivory leather and aluminium veneer - 15 June 2017
    previous Jaguars =
    2005/05 X100 4.2 XKR Coupe in Pacific Blue with Cashmere leather - 14 November 2016 to 15 June 2017
    2006/56 X150 4.2 Coupe in Frost Blue, Black leather - 10 June 2011 to 27 July 2013
    2004/54 S Type Sport 2.7 diesel in Radiance Red, Black leather - September 2007 to December 2007

  2. Likes OCD-Jagman liked this post
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pete harrison View Post
    So, I have said my goodbyes on the X100 Forum as I traded in my 2005 XKR yesterday and picked up a 2014 XK Dynamic R - and spent today driving it home.

    I have already asked a few questions, and I am sure there will be more to come, but the 6 hours drive home was phonominal. Even having washed it I am still very pleased with it, though it has a few more stone chips than I remember and the front splitter requires a bit of fettling (it was repainted as part of the deal but is not fitted quite right). I have already changed the Vortex wheels for gloss black Vulcan's as these were an option on this model and I think they will be easier to live with, especially as I dislike diamond cut wheels.

    The overall quality of this late X150 is in a completely different league to the 2006 I owned a few years ago, so I hope this one will pass the test of time.
    Well it has all the best bits of the -RS so sounds and drives beautifully I am sure.

    How firm do you find the ride? How is the seat bolster, I found all the Dyn R's I looked at the ivory seemed to suffer somewhat.

    Where did you buy from?

  4. #3
    Member Bluegrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Chichester, West Sussex
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Pete you know the rules, pictures!!
    2007 XKR - Convertible - Liquid Silver

  5. Likes Ian D, Daverichardson, OCD-Jagman liked this post
  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stockton on Tees
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    Come on Pete you know the rules, pictures!!
    I have posted these in two other threads, although they are my car they are Dealer images from online advertisements:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yp14nkx-5^1500x1000^.jpg   yp14nkx-7^1500x1000^.jpg   yp14nkx-3^1500x1000^.jpg  
    2014/14 X150 5.0 XK Dynamic R Coupe in Italian Racing Red with Ivory leather and aluminium veneer - 15 June 2017
    previous Jaguars =
    2005/05 X100 4.2 XKR Coupe in Pacific Blue with Cashmere leather - 14 November 2016 to 15 June 2017
    2006/56 X150 4.2 Coupe in Frost Blue, Black leather - 10 June 2011 to 27 July 2013
    2004/54 S Type Sport 2.7 diesel in Radiance Red, Black leather - September 2007 to December 2007

  7. Thanks SiliconS thanked for this post
    Likes Ashanti, OCD-Jagman liked this post
  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Stockton on Tees
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    Well it has all the best bits of the -RS so sounds and drives beautifully I am sure.

    How firm do you find the ride? How is the seat bolster, I found all the Dyn R's I looked at the ivory seemed to suffer somewhat.

    Where did you buy from?
    As far as the firmness of the ride is concerned I spent 6 very comfortable hours driving home, and with Dynamic Mode turned on for the entire journey (for the benefit of the exhaust tones).

    The seat bolster in my car is O.K., but the black seat belt running over the top edge does not help. I think it is important with ivory leather not to wear dark blue jeans as these will leave an ingrained colour and make them look a little worse than they really are. I actually prefer black leather but I felt that it does not wear so well on these seats - so it is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

    I bought from Chiltern of Bovingdon, but have paid a Jaguar Main Dealer price - partly to accommodate a real trade in value for my X100 XKR. Could I have done better, possibly with the price / add ons but I have just got home from the local Jaguar Main Dealer and the cars they are offering were in a worse condition than mine regarding chips, scratches or kerbed / corroded wheels). As always, you pay your money and take your chance - and I have bought this car to drive and enjoy rather than polish and worry about its depreciating value.
    2014/14 X150 5.0 XK Dynamic R Coupe in Italian Racing Red with Ivory leather and aluminium veneer - 15 June 2017
    previous Jaguars =
    2005/05 X100 4.2 XKR Coupe in Pacific Blue with Cashmere leather - 14 November 2016 to 15 June 2017
    2006/56 X150 4.2 Coupe in Frost Blue, Black leather - 10 June 2011 to 27 July 2013
    2004/54 S Type Sport 2.7 diesel in Radiance Red, Black leather - September 2007 to December 2007

  9. #6
    Super Moderator Ian D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    6,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Jaguar they are always refining their car to the end and then release a run out model with all the extras from higher value models. So what you have is in effect a last hurrah of the XKR, looks great and love the seats.
    Jaguar XK Coupe 4.2 2007 indigo blue with many mods and retrofits.

    New car, XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY coming September!

    Previous:
    S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    X-Type 3.0L SE Auto estate.

    Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide


  10. Likes pete harrison, OCD-Jagman liked this post
  11. #7
    Senior Member Henry_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pete harrison View Post
    I have posted these in two other threads, although they are my car they are Dealer images from online advertisements:

    Ooh lovely car got to love the Red paint with ivory interior!
    I'm 16 and Currently own an almost fully loaded 2005 S Type 3.0 Radiance Red with the HIGH LUXURY PACK interior
    no SUNROOF or SATNAV.
    Wanna see it? >> http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=95691

    slow project never finished..

  12. #8
    Senior Member Ashanti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    1,447
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet again we have a member who believes it is acceptable to post images of this nature.

    There are other places for such filth

    I'm not in the slightest bit jealous of another mans mistress, yeah right who am I kidding.

    Top Shelf if ever I saw it

    Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

    Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

    My Showroom Thread

    *****

    2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus
    Back up and running, ready for the summer

  13. Likes Jimbov8, OCD-Jagman liked this post
  14. #9
    Senior Member OCD-Jagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pete harrison View Post
    But the black seat belt running over the top edge does not help. I think it is important with ivory leather not to wear dark blue jeans as these will leave an ingrained colour and make them look a little worse than they really are. I actually prefer black leather but I felt that it does not wear so well on these seats - so it is obviously in the eye of the beholder.
    My previous 2009 XKR had ivory interior.
    Aesthetics: Admittedly, the ivory finish is much better looking, no questions asked. Very lovely and plush and the luxurious finish and touches are impeccable. The only real disadvantage is everyday practicality as you said. But if it's an occasional car, you could easily live with that.

    I could not wear jeans to drive my previous car, and I had to be strict that passengers weren't allowed in if they had jeans on. Far too often, I came across as being unreasonably fussy by the missus.
    Interior cleaning was a nightmarish job too. You just never know which leather cleaner will give the best result. And it was a case on constant cleaning too as it was my daily driver, which was a bit too tedious even for my OCD liking.

    So when I ordered my Dynamic R, it had to be a black interior. For sheer practicality and longevity, the black leather is a better choice in my opinion. Even after 20,000 miles, my interior is as mint as new.

    Congrats on your purchase. Stunning colour combination.
    Enjoy.
    Speed Slows Down Time, so You Live Longer the Faster You Travel!

  15. #10
    Member BernHardN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Meppel, Holland
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness, was looking at pistonheads for a price in GB for this car. for that money here in Holland you can buy a 1995 xk with a broken engine....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •