Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 XF Sat Nav is rubbish

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes on the way home from Bath i set it to take me on the A36 then A303 but still it wanted to take me South towards Dorset.

It's bizzare

Post Thanks / Like
    Used mine for the first time this weekend, wasn't that intuitive, took me to the wrong destination, but worst of all - I can't find any other view than "top down". Where the hell is the first person view on these sat navs???? Why is the split screen so irritating? So many questions about this sat nav. Feels like a giant let down even though it's packed with useful features

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by santer View Post
    Does the TomTom work on the dash?

Have seen mention of no TomTom signal because of the windscreen
    I stick my TomTom GO 6200 to the top of storage compartment one where the cup holder is, and plug it in the rear aux socket. It gets the signal virtually immediately (with heated screen) does not drop out and works perfect. and when finished with just a wipe off removes the sucker mark.
    2013 Jaguar XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury.

4. Thanks santer thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it's not as smart as a tomtom and the maps aren't as detailed. A colleagues street, built over 20 years ago is not on it for example.
    But, no sat nav is fault free. you should see some of the dead end tracks my fully updated tomtom took me down, and the times I've sat in even longer queues avoiding jams using the live traffic update, only to end up back in the motorway 1 junction down...
    If you take the time to learn it and get used to it (and turn off the TMC rerouting function which is just annoying as it doesn't give up when you say no) then it's quite usable. The info on the dash is pretty good too
    Mine is fine for 98% of journeys. For the rest, where I need fully up to date info, I use google maps on my iPhone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stick with google maps on your phone, forget others. It's the only one that's free, constantly updated, constantly refreshing with live traffic info, syncs with all your personal preferences, faster than anything else out there - I could go on but it's really in a league of it's own. Hopefully manufacturers will stop persisting with their own **** firmware and adopt google maps into their ICE architecture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amongst other things I operate a Fleet of Commercial Vehicles , after having numerous Tom Toms go missing , I downloaded a Free App called Waze
    onto the iPhone , bought a suction bracket for the windscreen and off you go . I rate this above even Google as it informs you of Police Ahead and other
    Hazards as well as updating the Route continuously to take account of changing conditions . Give it a go raptor and JB , see what you think .

Post Thanks / Like
    Played with Waze on the train this morning (funny seeing the current speed reading 125 in a 30 ).
    The new fangled apple car play etc should mean we no longer need in built systems and can just use whatever we like from our phones. I already use my phone as my main music source.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    Andriod auto for me. Used in conjunction with spotify and Google maps for navigation its great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Waze & Sygic. used the latter when in NZ earlier this year, really accurate.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

Post Thanks / Like
    Toured Spain last year did 1500 miles in newish BMW X3. Had tom Tom and google maps as well. Tom Tom and google maps both excellent, BMW not so good. My 2014 xf sat nav is excellent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast