Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 XF Sat Nav is rubbish

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    No, it's not as smart as a tomtom and the maps aren't as detailed. A colleagues street, built over 20 years ago is not on it for example.
    But, no sat nav is fault free. you should see some of the dead end tracks my fully updated tomtom took me down, and the times I've sat in even longer queues avoiding jams using the live traffic update, only to end up back in the motorway 1 junction down...
    If you take the time to learn it and get used to it (and turn off the TMC rerouting function which is just annoying as it doesn't give up when you say no) then it's quite usable. The info on the dash is pretty good too
    Mine is fine for 98% of journeys. For the rest, where I need fully up to date info, I use google maps on my iPhone.
    Agree with you. So on my 2010 XF the satnav is almost 8 years old. I like the voice 'navigation go to name' and use dual mode a lot. It did re-route really well when going to London down A2 which was blocked it, took me via A20 with no hold ups.
    2010 XFS 3.0D Portfolio with all toys (ACC/Voice/TV etc) except sunroof

Post Thanks / Like
    Sat Nav is an AID to navigation, nothing more, yet many people become totally dependent on it. I rarely use mine to actually navigate but it is good for giving an ETA. If I want navigation I use a Garmin which is updated free four times a year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123