Thread: Egr blanking ,intercooler pipe change, oil change, remapping.

Post Thanks / Like

Egr blanking ,intercooler pipe change, oil change, remapping.

I know there is a few posts about cleaning the egr ect but would it benefit anyone if I posted a video of it as I'm going to do all mine this weekend including a remap..

2. Likes GTE 16v liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure would be interesting to watch and learn from. I have bought intercooler pipe and intend cleaning my EGR too but never had the time.
    X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium, leather seats, Satnav

Post Thanks / Like
    Videos are always handy and much better than just a written description. Thank you.
    X Type Jag 2.0D SE
    2005 in lovely British Racing Green with cream leather interior

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a yes from me.
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Going back through time...
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercs E320 & E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that one cannot validate their authenticity." -
    Charles Dickens

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just changed my intercooler hose for a blue silicon one, the old hose had split, causing black smoke and 25 (yes, 25!) MPG on a drive from Paris to my home in northern France.

Fairly easy job, much easier if you remove the EGR completely. Main problem was that the new hose was ever-so-slightly tighter than the old one, after years of wear (probably the original from a 2004 car). I used a funnel to "stretch" the ends of the hose and a nice amount of washing-up liquid to lubricate each end.

Much better now, back to 50+ mpg and more power, no smoke.
    I've also ordered the blanking plate, not received it yet, still undecided as to whether I'll fit it, hotter engine temps do scare me a little, as I work mainly on MG F & TFs, which explode if the temp goes anywhere over half on the gauge!

Post Thanks / Like
    All good then I'll video it from start to finish it will be for over 18yld as will contain bad language and some nudity lol...