Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: £800 x350

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, doesn't look too shabby at all Red, good for you!

Obviously gotta start with the engine, but assuming you get that sorted you're on your way. A couple of new boot struts perhaps, a cleaning sesh, a few other little bits n pieces and Robert is your uncle

Hope to hear more....
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Well not much done with the X350 this week mostly on account of the scorching heat , I have at least cleared up the diagnosis
    and it is a Head Gasket Issue , this week I shall look to make some progress with sourcing the necessary Gasket Set , one company
    I spoke to told me that they only carry the Gasket for one side of the engine as this is the one which is always at fault , I shall speak
    with my local Indy EE this week and weigh up my options

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you actually tell for definite which side has gone, e.g. low compression on one pot, water/rust on spark plug, etc? When the head gasket went on my X308 4 litre the car was running perfectly, no misfires, no cream salad in the oil, but would empty the header tank of coolant in a couple of miles if you gave it anything more than 2000 rpm. The garage could not be sure which side was at fault before hand and recommended that they changed both sides, because at the 95K miles on mine they would both be in similar condition due to corrosion.
    2006 X350 XJ8 3.5 V8 Sport Premium (Midnight/Ivory)
    Previous XJs:
    2006 X350 XJ6 2.7 TDVi (Indigo Blue/Barley Straw)
    1999 X308 XJ8 4.0 V8 (Meteorite/Warm Charcoal)
    1996 X300 XJ6 3.2 Executive (Spruce green /cream)
    1994 XJ40 XJ6 3.2 Sport (Gunmetal/Saville grey)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123