Thread: Why pretend its something its not !!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Why pretend its something its not !!

Ok so I pull into the Railway Station car park at Chichester waiting for my lads train and I spot a rather lovely deep red metallic XF with the same draco wheels on as mine.

Think oooh thats rather lovely, private plate on it Y4 something or other and an R-S badge

anway I start looking at it as I was thinking that something isnt right so look at the rear valance and its not the smart diffuser type then spot only one exhaust pipe.

So I pull out the old dog n bone go onto google and go to Euro Car Parts website bang in the registration and its a 2.2 diesel !!

I just really don't understand why people do this.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do some people tint windows, upgrade exhausts. add bigger brakes, get a remap done on the engine, fit bigger wheels etc?
    Simple, because they want too!

Maybe its because he wants people to think its an XFRS, maybe he likes the styling, maybe the colour that the badges add to the grille etc.....who knows, who cares??
    What about those that DEbadge their card to look like smaller engine cars, so they can stalk / surprise similar faster cars and have a laugh, orrrrr is it just because they like the clean look.....who cares??

What about those that love the leaper soooo much that they add it to cars which are just too modern and also which are illegal......who cares??
    My guess is because you have the XFRS and you've paid more for the bigger engine and the badges that you feel this guy has no right to even try and make his car look like yours or similar for not so much money.

Maybe, just maybe the fact that you took the time to "pull out the ole dog n bone" and took the time to "go to Euro Car Parts website" to check and find out it's a 2.2 diesel.............
    Maybe, just maybe all of the above and the fact that you came here specifically to post this says more about you than it does about the owner of lowly 2.2 diesel??

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

3. Thanks Henry_B thanked for this post
    Likes payno, Henry_B, Jimbov8, Irish Pappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I realise its because they want too .. Just dont understand why.. more a curiosity question than anything else .. and it had no other extras just literally the badges

No dont have the XFRS I got the XFS

Oh and i didnt come here to just whinge about him I posted in the wrong section have asked admin to move.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Why do some people tint windows, upgrade exhausts. add bigger brakes, get a remap done on the engine, fit bigger wheels etc?
    Simple, because they want too!

Maybe its because he wants people to think its an XFRS, maybe he likes the styling, maybe the colour that the badges add to the grille etc.....who knows, who cares??
    What about those that DEbadge their card to look like smaller engine cars, so they can stalk / surprise similar faster cars and have a laugh, orrrrr is it just because they like the clean look.....who cares??

What about those that love the leaper soooo much that they add it to cars which are just too modern and also which are illegal......who cares??
    My guess is because you have the XFRS and you've paid more for the bigger engine and the badges that you feel this guy has no right to even try and make his car look like yours or similar for not so much money.

Maybe, just maybe the fact that you took the time to "pull out the ole dog n bone" and took the time to "go to Euro Car Parts website" to check and find out it's a 2.2 diesel.............
    Maybe, just maybe all of the above and the fact that you came here specifically to post this says more about you than it does about the owner of lowly 2.2 diesel??

Jim
    Im still trying to understand how anyone can have a car with only one exhaust !
    its just not symmetrical and not the done thing in my OCD world .......
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k + miles
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog light H11 lamps replaced with Cree LED's / running as DRL's.

7. Likes Jimbov8, Tink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    I realise its because they want too .. Just dont understand why.. more a curiosity question than anything else .. and it had no other extras just literally the badges
    No dont have the XFRS I got the XFS
    Oh and i didnt come here to just whinge about him I posted in the wrong section have asked admin to move.
    I should add I didn't take it personally, but that said, my XJ X358 happens to be a 2.7Tdvi that has been remapped, but is most definitely NOT an R, although she is badged as one

The badges front n rear, for me, simply add a nice splash of colour. Yes to the untrained eye it may look to some as if it's the all singing all dancing V8 monster, but she's not.
    Funnily enough it appears to fool many people, as so many have made comments in person to me about how it must be a beast, super fast etc etc

I always tell them or anyone who asks that she's a diesel, badged as an R that is all. They can think what they like as I lose no sleep over it.
    There's many mods / changes made to cars of all makes / models that I don't necessarily agree with, and if asked will say so, in as nice a way as possible

I usually always finish by saying YCYMYC (Your Car Your Money Your Choice)

Cheers
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    OMGG Eddie......I so understand where you're coming from lol
    I guess back in the day, like 20+ years ago I never had much choice, but for the last 12 years or so, yes twin exhausts are a MUST
    Otherwise CDO takes hold

Cheers
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

9. Likes Tink liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    Or One Big Fat One right int' middle

Nah, a fat one at either side ay Jim

And to add to the should ya or should ya not, If my bonnet takes any more chips etc, it'll get a leaper on it before a paint job.

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 November 2005
    Jaguar Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase 412GW Dashcam for the idiots in front of me
    Nextbase 312GW Dashcam for the idiots behind

My Showroom Thread

2000 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 ES Td5
    A 7 seat, go anywhere family bus
    Back up and running, ready for the summer