Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korea, is this the run up to WW3?

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jim_S-V6_2004;1027349

Mr Bush Junior fooled and scared his entire country into supporting his attack on Iraq.[/QUOTE]

Isnt the above similar to what tony B Liar done to the British public ?and yet you and red diesel with all your knowledge sat back and didn't advise the guy that he was wrong
    shame on you

Post Thanks / Like
    Kim Jong Un and his like are playground bullies who continue their posturing and intimidation because they go unchallenged and are able to predict the weak behaviour of those they come up against - until they are confronted by someone who is not afraid, who will not be intimidated and who is not predictable. He hasn't a clue what Trump will do - nobody has. I think there are enough checks in the US system that will not let him unilaterally take that one step too far. Kim Jong Un will be shown up as being the buffoon that he is and get deposed by the generals for the loss of face that is so important in their culture.

Marco

3. Likes Zero123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Trump is the right man at the right time , Obama and Clinton haven't covered themselves in Glory

Post Thanks / Like
    The crazy man is being blamed for violent clashes in Virginia

BTW, it seems some of us now have to tread on egg shells when expressing an opinion

Just saying...
    X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium, leather seats, Satnav

6. Likes SV8Predator, payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Maybe Trump is the right man at the right time , Obama and Clinton haven't covered themselves in Glory
    Remember October 1962 - JFK was the right man at the right time in his stand-off with Khruschev. JFK said the 'gravest issues would arise' if the Soviets installed offensive weapons on Cuba. He stood firm. If he had shown any weakness, the result would have been catastrophic, also for Europe, as Khruschev's ambitions for Berlin would also have continued unabated. JFK was not the clean cut saviour that he was made out to be - a man of many character faults and weaknesses. A completely different personality and a different set of circumstances, Trump also has his weaknesses but maybe history repeats itself with the right man for the occasion yet again?

Marco

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    Isnt the above similar to what tony B Liar done to the British public ?and yet you and red diesel with all your knowledge sat back and didn't advise the guy that he was wrong
    shame on you
    Not at all S Collins.

It was the opposite. Did you support the attack on Iraq? Or were you too young to vote at the time? I know we and you were not given the opportunity to vote, there was no referendum.

As've said many times here, and you can still find that poll too if you look, 80% of the British Public were against war on Iraq.

Yet Blair and Straw carried it through.

How come?

I've given the real reasons too.

But he didn't tell the GBP the real reasons and still 80% of our population were against him when the war started.

So how was this in any of our hands and you are pointing fingers at ourselves?

Don't go off in a huff, please take the trouble to explain.

I will be very happy if the two of them spend the ends of their lives in jail, it was an unjustified attack under claims of WMDs which were declared to not exist by the very defectors who had worked to build them and had been used earlier.

So they and Bush are responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and for the creation of ISIS.

Bush's drive can be understood and accepted because he had 80% support from his people for the war on Iraq.

But Blair and Straw did not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
    Kim Jong Un and his like are playground bullies who continue their posturing and intimidation because they go unchallenged and are able to predict the weak behaviour of those they come up against - until they are confronted by someone who is not afraid, who will not be intimidated and who is not predictable. He hasn't a clue what Trump will do - nobody has. I think there are enough checks in the US system that will not let him unilaterally take that one step too far. Kim Jong Un will be shown up as being the buffoon that he is and get deposed by the generals for the loss of face that is so important in their culture.

Marco
    I agree with you Marco except that it's the generals who are running the show.

Kim is a mere puppet, a front man. Watch some of the few broadcasts carefully. If possible find ones with English subtitles.

Watch the ones of audience responses and try to find the one of our TV presenter demonstrating the responses to him saying the name "Kim Jong Un" several times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Mad man Trump is now threatening Venezuela of military action. Another reason why smaller nations pursue the ultimate guarantee (Nuclear weapon)! Sensible leaders are trying to sort out the rubbish going on between himself and Kim, and now he is threatening Venezuela.
    I'm amazed too Emm.

He is off his rocker with Venezuela.

I'm not a total Trump supporter, I've seen sense in some of his actions and would do the same.

I've also asked many times for our American.members' opinions and reasons about his good acts which we have not been told about here, to explain why there is quite a lot of support for him in the US, but got little response
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Donald Trump clearly has absolutely no understanding of the word 'diplomacy'. Even if you think that he's the right bloke in charge in The White House, a matter with which I happen to disagree, he cannot possibly go down in history as any type of statesman if he is unable to come to grips with, and successfully administer, diplomacy.

Perhaps he ought to see the White House vet about the prolonged case of foot and mouth from which he seems to suffer.
    I agree Rowley.

He will definitely go down in History! ;

He has done and is doing some good things, perhaps more than we know, but there is definitely a need for editing of his announcements from his camp. But of course he would never wear that.

No other candidate would have faced North Korea to this degree though. They would have consulted with their team before saying much.

And Trump's unprepared responses could well lead to them backing off from this posturing and sabre flashing nonsense, which is all we want.
    Well some would say thats fair comment Rowley but what do you have to add thats fresh ? Is he as bad as you imagined or worse
    and what do we know anyway ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowley_1812 View Post
    Oh dear, here we go again. I don't need to add anything 'fresh' as you put it, just posting an opinion which, after all, is the idea of the Forum ... if that's OK with you?

But then if it's my turn to be got at tonight then may I suggest that you just chill out and have another Adnams? I'll turn the other cheek.
    Rowley, I know Red didn't mean it this way but I can see how it came across...

But Red, this part reads a bit challenging:
    Well some would say thats fair comment Rowley but what do you have to add thats fresh ?
    It can be misread like this (in brackets)..

Well some would say thats fair comment Rowley (I don't) but what do you have to add thats fresh? (We knew this already, this is old stuff!)
    I hope you see now?

Cool down and rewind guys.

Must be solar flares.

11. Thanks Rowley_1812 thanked for this post
    Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim I don't need to go in the huff

However I joined a jaguar owners forum Not a party political broadcast or my Phallas is bigger than yours forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    Jim I don't need to go in the huff

However I joined a jaguar owners forum Not a party political broadcast or my Phallas is bigger than yours forum
    Come on Steve , you joined a Jaguar Forum of which this Section is a very very small part , if you have
    an alternative point of view then lets hear it , I shall send you a free Cartridge for your Eight Track , " The Best of Nana Maskouri " in fact thats probably more suited to Jim who says Scots
    are miserable

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast