Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doing some test drives tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Accompanied Daughter today to test drive the 240 BHP RangeRover Velar. Lovely thing to drive,much quieter than my FPace and accelerated like a rocket with the new engine.Instruments, infortainment are light years ahead of the F Pace which it pains me to say. £65k buys the model with plenty of goodies and a build date of early October. Son has put a deposit on the 3.0 version with extras making his bill nearer to £80k so not a cheap car. No discount at all but managed to squeeze a serviice package on both vehicles(£775) each. I am sticking to my F Pace but I was very tempted!
    The extras on RR and Jaguar are stupid prices and then they want to sell you waste of space paint and learher protection,alloy and tyre insurance,gap insurance and when you decline the salespeople are not happy as they get a high commission..These products are much cheaper outside the dealer network!!
    2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO Odyssey red,Latte ,privacy glass all round,space saver, USA size plates. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Velar is indeed a beautiful thing , I saw one in silver some time ago on the M6 and it looked to
    be really special , how did your daughter find it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved it and placed an order!
    2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD PORTFOLIO Odyssey red,Latte ,privacy glass all round,space saver, USA size plates. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Velar unfortunately too rich for my blood...$50k to start (247hp) & $56k (180hp diesel) & $65k (380hp V6)......get the engine I want & add any accessories and it's just too, too, too much. Need folks like you to buy new, treat it right, suck up all the depreciation and spit it out in 3-4 years!
    2009 Jaguar XK Convertible Pearlescent Diamond Edition
    2006 Land Rover LR3 SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrajaws View Post

I shall watch out for her

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyill View Post
    Velar unfortunately too rich for my blood...$50k to start (247hp) & $56k (180hp diesel) & $65k (380hp V6)......get the engine I want & add any accessories and it's just too, too, too much. Need folks like you to buy new, treat it right, suck up all the depreciation and spit it out in 3-4 years!
    To be honest I didn't want to mention the depreciation factor , being Scottish my day would have been wasted .

7. Likes nickyill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrajaws View Post

Do you know if the 247hp 4cyl in the Velar is the same engine that's currently in the Jag lineup? Tuned the same? I've not driven any Jag's with that engine, think I'd like to see just how it performs, hopefully no/minimal turbo lag.
    2009 Jaguar XK Convertible Pearlescent Diamond Edition
    2006 Land Rover LR3 SE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12