Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front dome courtesy light 2004

Post Thanks / Like

front dome courtesy light 2004

I have after two attempts, resigned myself to the fact that i shall have to live without this front roof courtesy light, all the other interior courtesy lights work, as do the map reading lights either side of the failed bulb.I have removed the torx screw under the glasses case and the rear part un clips ok, but i am afraid to exert any more downward pull on the front half in case i smash some thing? the clips wont give, any ideas would be much appreciated as i would like to get it sorted.
    Last edited by mickyfin4950; 12-08-17 at 15:08. Reason: spelling errors.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all extremely tough to remove especially if it's never been done before. You just have to to be brave and pull very hard but mind your fingers as the plastic is sharp. You should pull down from the front first. I pulled from either side just behind the lens cover. Like you, i was afraid of breaking something, but it gave way eventually.

3. Thanks mickyfin4950 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 Jons advice is spot on. They are stubborn and certainly don't want to come out without a fight .

5. Likes mickyfin4950 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the fussy one View Post
    +1 Jons advice is spot on. They are stubborn and certainly don't want to come out without a fight .
    And another +1... especially for the 'finger' advice. Tips of my fingers were bleeding slightly the first time I removed mine!
    X-Type 2.5 V6 AWD Auto Sport 2002MY 74000 miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag, Feb 2017

Retrofitted Climate Control (from manual ac), Navigation & Touch Screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice module, message center, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows

Next, rear parking aid, reverse camera, android

7. Likes mickyfin4950 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Freddie Kruger would have sorted it no problem!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dome success but still no joy?

Finally got the front courtesy light dome down,but the festoon bulb was working fine, so still no front courtesy light? same with the glove box light,put new bulb in and still no glove box light,am a bit mystified and once again dear chaps would appreciate any advice or ideas, Best regards,Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike can you confirm which lights do not work.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyfin4950 View Post
    Finally got the front courtesy light dome down,but the festoon bulb was working fine, so still no front courtesy light? same with the glove box light,put new bulb in and still no glove box light,am a bit mystified and once again dear chaps would appreciate any advice or ideas, Best regards,Mike.
    Do the footwell lights work? Glove box light would only come on when the side lights/headlamps are on. Sorry if I am stating the obvious.

Do the map lights work? Are these standard filament bulbs or LED replacements? (LEDs being polarity sensitive)
    X-Type 2.5 V6 AWD Auto Sport 2002MY 74000 miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag, Feb 2017

Retrofitted Climate Control (from manual ac), Navigation & Touch Screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice module, message center, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows

Next, rear parking aid, reverse camera, android

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi , it is the front courtesy light in the dome (reading lights either side work fine) and the glove box light? every other light works fine, and car has only done 39000 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the foot well lights work fine, as do the puddle lights, i have deliberately stuck to the original bulbs as i don't particularly like LEDs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast