Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear Wheel Bay - Anyone Concerned?

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Rear Wheel Bay - Anyone Concerned?

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this Forum.

I just purchased 2017 F-Pace Prestige model and after a few weeks, I have noticed that inside the rear wheel bays/housing (both left and right), there are at least 5 threaded bolts that are sticking out towards the tires. Apart from looking completely unfinished for this type of luxury SUV, I feel this may also pose some safety issues since there seems to be a potential for these bolts to come in contact with the tires and scrape them. I went to the dealership and it appears that all other F-Paces in the dealer lot has exactly the same issues. Has anyone else noticed this? If you feel that this should raise an alarm among the F-Pace owners, feel free to comment.

I am going to call the Jaguar Customer Relations Center next Monday and ask about this.

Apart from this issue, I have also noticed that the horn sound for the car is absolutely degrading for a luxury car like this...to the point that I feel ashamed to hear the horn sound in parking lots. Anyone know how to upgrade or replace the factory OEM horns?

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture speaks thousands words. Here are pictures of what I'm talking about.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KakaoTalk_20170812_143007329.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	24357Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KakaoTalk_20170812_143009234.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	24358Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KakaoTalk_20170812_143011156.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	24359

Post Thanks / Like
    Well to be fair they do look a bit cheap and nasty but you would want some major off roading before they came into contact with the Tyres .
    As for the Horn Sound , that made me smile , " degrading for a luxury car " a bit Graham Norton ?
    It looks to me that these Screws wanted to be screwed from the wheel arch upwards , so yes I agree with you , given the money you have forked
    out I wouldn't expect to be confronted with this .

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Well to be fair they do look a bit cheap and nasty but you would want some major off roading before they came into contact with the Tyres .
    As for the Horn Sound , that made me smile , " degrading for a luxury car " a bit Graham Norton ?
    It looks to me that these Screws wanted to be screwed from the wheel arch upwards , so yes I agree with you , given the money you have forked
    out I wouldn't expect to be confronted with this .

I had a very unpleasant talk with a rep from Jaguar Customer Relations Center this morning. She kept saying that since I didn't ask my dealership to fix this problem, they didn't do anything. I told her I brought my car in to let them know that there is a safety issue involved here and naturally one would expect for someone to address this issue but just be I didn't tell them "to fix it or else" that I didn't make myself clear. And the attitude of the rep was something else.

I contacted my dealership and sent the pictures and added that I'm looking to change my wheels to 22 inch and that will make the bolts sticking out much closer in proximity to the tires (I currently have 19 inch equipped), and specifically requested to fix this issue.

All in all, very unpleasant morning...

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems everyone else is happy about their rear wheel bays... Have you guys checked to see if you have the same looking rear wheel bay?

Post Thanks / Like
    That would have to be some travel to get the wheel to even touch those nuts/bolts. How far out is the wheel away from the arch?
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    with 19 inch wheels, there is about 5 inch gap but with 22 inch wheels, there should be about 2 inch gap. yes probably 0.000001% of the current f-pace owners are thinking of going off-roading in these but with meager 2 inch gap, there could be real issue even going over a pot hole I'm thinking...

Post Thanks / Like
    remember that the bump stops should stop the car bottoming out to stop the wheels ever touching the inner wheel arch
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

9. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 225violin View Post
    with 19 inch wheels, there is about 5 inch gap but with 22 inch wheels, there should be about 2 inch gap. yes probably 0.000001% of the current f-pace owners are thinking of going off-roading in these but with meager 2 inch gap, there could be real issue even going over a pot hole I'm thinking...
    IMO I think you're worrying about a non issue, see Payno's explanation of how wheels sizes work when changing for a larger size.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we all agree that it looks a pretty shoddy finish on something that costly ? Personally I would have tidied
    the installation up myself , but the OP has a right to be miffed in my opinion

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast