Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.0d upper rear control arms (will replacement ford items fit?)

Post Thanks / Like

2.0d upper rear control arms (will replacement ford items fit?)

Alright gents. Looking to swap these out as the mine are perished on the bushes and the arms themselves aren't in fantastic shape.

Struggling to find a reputable aftermarket part and the genuine items seems a joke at £90 plus a side.

Does anyone know if these genuine ford items are same size or not? See link below

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/for...5326_c_432.htm

Nearly half the price for a ford genuine part.

Anyone with thoughts/experiences?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I suggest that you take a peek at the numerous posts about this. The Ford item appears to be a slightly different length which causes all sorts of problems. You can buy polly bushes, which I did, or standard bushes are available. Other than refurbishing I think you are stuck with OE parts. Look for the dealers who sell on e bay.
    Stephen.
    2005 2Lt Diesel Sovereign. Vin E71974

Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to remember reading a thread (here? or somewhere) where Volvo ones were fitted (V50 or V70 possibly) and they are adjustable apparently exactly the same shape... May be worth a search.

The ones NOT to fit are from Mondeos... Oh and be very careful, some of the aftermarket suppliers will tell you that they will sell you the Jaguar ones, but it's the mondeo ones anyway...
    2005 X-type 2.2D estate 16" wheels & michelin snow tyres for the winter season

Post Thanks / Like
    I did see the post re the volvo parts. Hmmm. Might look at some second hand items then and refurb. Thanks a bunch!

Post Thanks / Like
    I fitted mid priced eBay ones, cost me a set of rear tyres (18 inch wheels, £100 each tyre....) as well as then buying the proper Jaguar arms. As far as anything suspension is concerned, I'm buying Jaguar stuff from now on, as well as getting a full 4 wheel slignment check done if I do any work on the suspension at all
    Andy Caie

South Wales

2.0D Sport X-Type Estate, 2006, Parrot MKI9200 Bluetooth, Wolfrace Padua Wheels, 55W HID Dipped beams

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there

I replaced mine several years ago, I did a bit of research cross referencing part numbers and for the UPPER CONTROL ARM Jag part C2S39484 I was able to cross reference this to Ford part 1325326 (ie the one in your link) which was only on the mondeo estate. There are very few suspension parts which are common but this one was exactly the same (has the same numbers moulded on it which you can make out in the photo). So I ordered a pair from my local Ford garage for around €55 each.

I've not seen an aftermarket equivalent for these upper control arms.
    2004 Saloon 2.0D SE in Jaguar Racing Green/Champagne

7. Thanks Graham1402 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doh! these are the lower ones... I'l leave the link as it may be handy...

On the bay of fleas, Sturgess have them at £69...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-X-T...53.m1438.l2649
    Last edited by swissxtype; 13-08-17 at 08:55.
    2005 X-type 2.2D estate 16" wheels & michelin snow tyres for the winter season

Post Thanks / Like
    I paid £46 inc. P&P recently for genuine Jaguar parts from Hatfields of Sheffield via ebay. They seem to have sold them all now though, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    Hi there

I replaced mine several years ago, I did a bit of research cross referencing part numbers and for the UPPER CONTROL ARM Jag part C2S39484 I was able to cross reference this to Ford part 1325326 (ie the one in your link) which was only on the mondeo estate. There are very few suspension parts which are common but this one was exactly the same (has the same numbers moulded on it which you can make out in the photo). So I ordered a pair from my local Ford garage for around €55 each.

I've not seen an aftermarket equivalent for these upper control arms.
    So you reckon the ford estate equivalents might do the trick?? Obviously i wont take this as gospel but might look into it further. Just seems ridiculous to me these cost so much given todays choice for car parts. I'm happy to buy aftermarket with decent brands such as lamforder so long as they measure up the same I have no doubts they'll be equal to or better than oe equipment. Shame as it's these options that keep the older cars within economical repair.

@motco might drop hatfields an emails.

Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I believe they are one and the same
    2004 Saloon 2.0D SE in Jaguar Racing Green/Champagne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast