Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash cam advice

Post Thanks / Like

Dash cam advice

Hi, could I ask you lads and lassies if anyone has fitted a front and rear dash cam to your sport brake. I am looking to have one fitted but am not sure which one to get. I have been advised to have it"hard wired" so would be grateful for any input - which one to get etc.
    Thank you in advance.
    Jaguar 3.0 P.L. Sportbrake, Black with all black interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, myself and a few others have opted for the Nextbase range of dashcams which get great reviews

I have 2, one mounted on the front and a separate one for the back, but you can get one that does both I believe. Mine is also hard wired in and starts automatically when the car is started and turns off when the car is shut down.

Funnily enough, although it doesn't look like you need to be convinced I had an issues yesterday where it would have paid for itself on just that occasion, see here....

http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=102660

Hope it helps
    Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jim and I am pleased you suffered no damage. Will see if Nextbase have what I want. Cheers Terry
    Jaguar 3.0 P.L. Sportbrake, Black with all black interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eltel1947 View Post
    Thank you Jim and I am pleased you suffered no damage. Will see if Nextbase have what I want. Cheers Terry
    No probs mate, here's links to a few threads below that you might find interesting ad may help you.....

http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...hlight=dashcam

Hope it helps, good luck whichever way you decide to go Terry

Jim
    MY2008 ( 58 ) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

5. Thanks eltel1947 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using the Garmin 55 after having 2 Nextbase dash cams fail on me over a 2 year period. Worth having a look as it is very small has great vid quality and gives you speed cam warnings + voice control that works well.

7. Thanks theolsen thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca4 View Post
    I've been using the Garmin 55 after having 2 Nextbase dash cams fail on me over a 2 year period. Worth having a look as it is very small has great vid quality and gives you speed cam warnings + voice control that works well.
    Thanks Maca4 - just ordered one.
    2009 Liquid silver XF 3.0D PL = PLenty of extras!

9. Thanks Maca4 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi have you fitted you dash cam ? I have just bought a cam for my Sportbrake that fitted into the mirror mounting. It comes with replacement covers that look like original fit Something Jaguar could have done. Also no battery to worry about catching alight or failing as runs on super capacitor. Available from Aliexpress cost about £58. Found it while watching Hilton's video on YouTube. Nice piece of kit .Downside it doesn't have a rear cam so am fitting a second small unit off of eBay. Will be fitting this week once I can sort the switched and constant live power requirements. Jaguar in their wisdom use the convenience mode that power things up as soon as the door open making it hard to check power to fuses ! Will post pics when fitted.
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this one, it's made for our XF's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hiltoncam . That's the one I am fitting. Saw it on your video and thought it's the only way to go. Only place I could find the switched live is the accessory socket in the center console. I removed the socket and connected a wire feed to power socket live . It runs along the inside of the console then across to the foot well fusebox area to connect to dashcam power lead. All fuses in foot well the box are constant live as far as I can tell . Even seat adjustment is still live after 10 minutes or so with car locked so will use that for the constant live.
    The secret of flight is to aim at the ground and miss !

2013 Sportbrake 2.2 Sport. Italian Racing Red

Post Thanks / Like

Dash cam advice

Hey Phil,

Doesn't your 12v socket fuse reside in the fuse panel under the dash?

I used the 12v socket fuse for my red accessory wire and the seat adjustment as my constant live for the yellow wire. Fuse 27 was for the 12v socket and 28 for the seat adjustment, so I just hooked my red wire to number 27 and the yellow wire to 28.
    I also used these as I thought all XF's would have these items fitted as standard and would thus have the same fuse layout.
    Its interesting that Jaguar had different configurations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast