Thread: Sidmaster

Post Thanks / Like

Sidmaster

Hello All.
    Has anybody had any contact with Sidmaster UK to have a Jaguar clock repaired recently. I sent my X300 clock to them about 3 weeks ago(by recorded post) for the usual repair, but to date I have heard nothing back from them. I have tried to contact them by phone and email, but to no avail. I also paid them £54 for this repair. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to get the clock back, at this stage.
    Tony.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see from google they are open until 1830 today. Perhaps try a different phone to call them on.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jimbov8.
    Thanks for your reply .I have tried a few different phones when calling them, and have left messages to call me , but alas , nothing. I am getting worried now.
    Tony.

Post Thanks / Like
    In that case Tony, all I can say is when you have time, ROAD TRIP. Might be the only way unless they get back to you.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimbov8.
    I was thinking the same, but it would be a very expensive trip to make , and maybe for nothing, if they are closed. I will wait a while, and hopefully there might be a forum member from down that area who might be able to check for me, or might know about them, but thank you for your interest.
    Tony.

Post Thanks / Like
    No probs Tony, hope you get it back.
    Jim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogmothon View Post
    Hi Jimbov8.
    Thanks for your reply .I have tried a few different phones when calling them, and have left messages to call me , but alas , nothing. I am getting worried now.
    Tony.
    Out of curiosity I googled them and can now understand your concern; not a lot of positives about Sidmaster on the net I'm afraid.

If I were you I'd start a fresh General thread on here along the lines "Favour required in Gloucester area GL14" and see who's about and if they're willing to do a recce for you.

Just a thought. Good luck.
    2005 (55) X-type 2.0d S saloon ~ Zircon/Champagne/Belize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rowley_1812.
    Yes that might be a better idea. Another forum actually recommends Sidmaster, but I will not give up yet. I am still working on it. Thank you for your interest.
    Tony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jimbov8.
    Hello again. Just to let you know that I finally got my refurbished Jaguar clock back from Sidmaster this morning . All is good. Some internal company problems caused the delay. They gave me a good discount for the inconvenience regarding my item.
    Take Care.
    Richard.