Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2018 XE

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the car back home just after lunchtime. I did not get into conversation re loan charge so did not pay. I did put 1 gallon of diesel in the car as this reflected the mileage I had done. However when I got home I checked the washer fluid level and it need 0.5 litre to top up. Thought they may have been testing the system hence the reduction in level. 10 min journey later on and checked level once again, no washer use and it needed a 1 litre top up. So NO CHANGE from the initial issue.

Made contact again and got booked in for Wed. next week with courtesy car. Initially they advised no courtesy cars available until 1st Dec. but knowing that I was seriously annoyed they offered me immediate dates and landed with next week as I am busy until then. So watch this space once again
    Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0 GTDi

Post Thanks / Like
    Charge for hire car should only be when yours is in for a service. Warranty items, and no charge for hire car.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

3. Thanks chas379 thanked for this post
    Likes chas379 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejames View Post
    Charge for hire car should only be when yours is in for a service. Warranty items, and no charge for hire car.
    Although they indicated a charge when I arrived, they did not follow up on this when I collected the car. I will see what is said next Wednesday when I return for a 2nd look at the problem and if asked for a fee will put your point forward. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chas379 View Post
    Although they indicated a charge when I arrived, they did not follow up on this when I collected the car. I will see what is said next Wednesday when I return for a 2nd look at the problem and if asked for a fee will put your point forward. Thanks
    Poor dealer if they tried to tell you at all that you needed to pay.
    If they have recently changed their rules, then thats even worse.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    Car collected today and hopefully all OK.

Explanation was: both front headlight washers were weeping, but only slightly, not enough to decant 1.5 litres to the deck. However these were both replaced during visits 1 & 2.

The Washer fluid reservoir, which I believe holds 6.5 litres, has a vent pipe at the top. However this pipe is below the level of the filler point so if you fill to the top and the car is on the move, the fluid spews out of the vent pipe until it reaches an appropriate level.

Lesson is do not fill right to the top. This was not an issue with my earlier XE as it did not have a vent pipe.

On taking the car away from the dealership I got 100 yrs down the road and warning came on re front and rear sensors were disabled. Could not get rid of the messages. Quick about turn to the dealer and 15 mins later all OK. It appears that when looking at the washer set up one of the front sensors had been dislodged slightly.

On a plus side cannot fault the Customer service provided by the young lady at Service Reception. She was on the case from start to Finish and was keeping me fully informed as to what was taking place.

Hopefully from now on Happy Motoring.

It was mentioned that a similar problem had been experienced on land Rover models.
    Last edited by chas379; 10-11-17 at 13:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chad. What tyres did your XE come with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Hi Chad. What tyres did your XE come with?
    Dunlop Sport Maxx 225/50/R17 98Y

9. Thanks Thorn thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12