Thread: My 2018 XE

Post Thanks / Like

My 2018 XE

Now the owner of a New XE Prestige wit the 2.0 Ingenium Petrol engine, only 1 minor niggle has emerged in the 1st 19days of ownership. Windscreen washer reservoir is losing fluid. After topping up the level remains static while car not in use. However once fired up and on the road the level drops after checking on return. Cannot see any obvious leaks but now booked in to have it checked out.

One difference ffrom my earlier MY 2015 is that I now have Bixenons which comes with Headlamp washers and I appreciate the level will reduce more when washers activated when headlights on. But seeing that the level drops when washers have not been used between fills, points to a leak somewhere. Possibly there are more unions in the in the pipe make up.
    Jaguar XE Prestige 2.0 GTDi

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on your new XE, if you could keep us informed about the Ingenium petrol and how you get on with it and compared to the Ford petrol engine.

Regards Tom.
    09 X Type 2-2 Auto Sovereign Ionian Blue, Ivory/Oyster

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Congratulations on your new XE, if you could keep us informed about the Ingenium petrol and how you get on with it and compared to the Ford petrol engine.

Regards Tom.
    Thank you.

First impression is it is quieter and looking as if I am getting more mpg but I will wait few months to confirm and revert

4. Thanks Trooper thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the purchase, good choice of engine too. The ingenium petrol is quick giving out max torque from 1200rpm. Enjoy, hopefully some pictures too! Do you have the 20t or 25t? I have the 25t 250Ps version and it has a hell of a lot of shove.

Keep is updated with your screenwash problem.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ian D;1041800 Do you have the 20t or 25t? I have the 25t 250Ps version and it has a hell of a lot of shove.

Keep is updated with your screenwash problem.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Ian. I have the 20t the same as before but of course now Ingenium. Had an overnight stay at Esseborne Manor, Hurstbourne Tarrant, Andover Hampshire, 150 mile round trip, very smooth journey and D mode all the way and the power was there when needed without having to revert to Sport or Dynamic modes.

The App is telling me my average MPG on this trip was 40mpg. Having only 420 miles on the clock, so far, I am pleased to see a marked improvement over the previous 20t engine. Will keep you posted on the Washer fluid. Booked in for the 30th of this month when I can get the availability of a loan car. May be a quick fix, but they may have to dismantle to check it out fully so I'd rather return home and pick up, when they call me, rather than wait in the customer lounge. Fortunately I am only 20 mins away from the dealership.

7. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached are a couple of photo's. However I do seem to have difficulty getting the download to the acceptable size hence can only upload these 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unknown-4.jpeg   Unknown.jpeg  

9. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks smart, good choice with the colour
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

11. Likes chas379 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Looks smart, good choice with the colour
    My previous model was Italian Racing Red, which I liked a lot. However I have had a few favourable comments from friends who said they like the blue over the red!!!