Thread: Fitting stainless steel pedal covers (kit C2P23554)

Post Thanks / Like

Fitting stainless steel pedal covers (kit C2P23554)

Hi

Has anyone fitted the stainless steel pedal covers (kit C2P23554) to their F-Type? I have kit that seems to be missing the "tapered washer" (item G in the instructions) for the accelerator pedal, but I wanted to check how critical this bit was before starting to fit the kit.

Thanks

Steve
    Rhodium Silver F-Type 3.0S (16MY)
    Previously: Indigo Blue XKR (08MY)

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve you have too much money my old son spending it on such frippery Welcome to the Forum . You should be able to
    pick up a Tapered Washer easy enough from Screwfix . Desperate to ask you of your experiences with the XKR

Post Thanks / Like
    I've trawled through over a dozen ads for these pedals and not found a single one with fitting parts, instructions or details, let alone "item G".
    I have no doubt "item G" exists, but you probably don't need it anyway.
    My F-Type already came with these pedals, and I can feel a mounting nut behind the go pedal but I don't think I can feel any washer. It's too hard to see behind.
    Point is, I fitted virtually identical pedals to my XFS and XFR, and in both cases the central mounting screw was no good as it fouled against the "spine" on the back of the pedal and left no room to get the nut on (at least there is no such spine on the back of the F-Type go pedal). In both cases I simply glued the pedal cover to the OEM pedal, once using super glue and the second time using Liquid Nails, and both times the covers stayed put nice and solid from the get go.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I had similar pedals on the XKR and liked the look of them, hence getting a set for the F-Type - but I never took a look on the XKR to see how they had been fitted - ah well...The XKR was a brilliant car, but it was 10 years old and after 4 years in my hands it was time for a change - I do miss that V8 sound though...

My F-Type has a honeycomb type spline on the back of the accelerator pedal, but the mounting bolt is offset to fit through this by the look of things - just in case I ordered a pack of 4M nylon stand-off washers so I can get a spanner to the nut easily. Will let you know how I get on...

Cheers

Steve
    Rhodium Silver F-Type 3.0S (16MY)
    Previously: Indigo Blue XKR (08MY)