Thread: Doing My Homework

Post Thanks / Like

Doing My Homework

Hi All

I've been reading the forums as a lurker for the last year or so as I've been preparing for life without my little lease car. I've realised over the last 30 odd months of lease car ownership that it's not for me. I don't like the fact that it's not mine, that I don't get to choose the insurance policy and that I have little control over what is done when some numpty does something nasty to it.

The salary sacrifice deal was very good and certainly I've enjoyed having a second car to pootle about in (my wife drives our bus which the kids and dog travel in) but i like the idea of buying a car and owning it rather than renting.

It goes back in June and I am hoping to join the ranks of Jaguar Ownership. It won't be a new one, or even a nearly new one but it will be mine. I've been lurking around the s-type and xkr /xk8 forums looking for inspiration and what to watch for. I'm hoping to pick up a well loved model next summer and putting all your advice into good use.

'Squish

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Squish, welcome to the forum. I am sure you will find a suitable vehicle to own.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 107K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Squish,
    Another funny username to make me smile.

Welcome to website and forum.
    Everyone here is friendly and helpful and some of the usernames here (like TeapotTony and PigletJohn) make me smile.

Tootle Pip.

Supertrev.
    Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8.