Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding a Good Cup Of Coffee

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents had a place just outside Albufeira before they had to sell up due to ill health, but have to say the coffee in the wee cafe across from there’s did the best coffee ever!
    Bit of a trek just for a coffee though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hot drinks and me don't go together unfortunately

More of a caffeine infused cold drink person myself
    I take the "The" out of Psychotherapist

If your in trouble, he will save the day
    he's brave and fearless, come what may
    without him the forum wouldn't have pictures of 1/2 naked women everwhere
    well who's this guy? i hear you ask
    there's only one to do the job
    he's the one and only "Henry_B"

Its a far better thing i do, that requires me to find a hammer and pummel you with all due diligence.

Post Thanks / Like
    I get my coffee from PACT who do small runs of poncey coffee. I've yet to have a bad bag and they (most importantly) do swiss water method decaf which is critical for me as I can't drink more than a couple of cups of full caffeine coffee a day due to medical reasons. The main reason I use PACT however is that I can do it all online and never have to talk to a person or visit a store on the high st which I don't enjoy tbh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooman View Post
    I used to find a lot of strong coffees too bitter but then realised that a few grains of salt in the coffee gets rid of the bitterness. Only a few grains though, don't overdo it.

I can now enjoy a good strong coffee in many countries where it was always too bitter.
    Salt. Interesting. I've a feeling I'm not gonna like it as much as sugar..

I like Maccy Dees coffee but I do need six of those little half spoon sugar packets to bring the taste out.

My children, now known as chadults, gifted me a Tassimo. It makes 3/4 of a cup so I have to keep making another one because they run down too quick. After about 10 cups, I don't feel hungry for the next three days.
    56 Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60
    2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    Onboard Vapour Recovery System | Leather Steering Wheel
    Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper | Side Repeat Flashers

Post Thanks / Like
    Maccy Dees is very highly rated on some surveys though it can vary from Branch to Branch , salt is a strange one

6. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, when I was a youngster my mum always used to put a pinch of salt in the pot before pouring on the hot water. She did the same with porage and pastry but a lot more than a pinch in those cases. If she ever forgot the salt it tasted terrible but nowadays I don't use salt in porage and it tastes quite alright - probably because we've all been trained to use less and less salt over recent years.

I used to like Sainsbury's Original Blend until our local Sainsbury's stopped selling it. I would try other coffee's from Sainsbury's and promptly take back the opened packet and ask for my money back and then go and try another brand. After doing that about ten or twelve times in a row I finally found that Sainsbury's Colombian wasn't far removed from their Original and quite palatable so I've stuck with that ever since.

The one thing I do is avoid going anywhere that uses Costa Coffee - I wouldn't even class it as coffee. The best coffee I ever tasted was in the cafeteria in B&Q in Swansea. I was so impressed that I asked the young lass behind the counter what brand they used. She kindly brought out the pack from the kitchen and showed me so that I could order some online when i got back home. That's where my short term memory lets me down because by the time I got home I couldn't remember what it was
    Harry
    2003 X Type 2.0D SE. Jaguar racing green. Champagne/Mocha interior. Getting old but still a serious contender that turns heads with that distinctive Jaguar styling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taylors of Harrogate Hot Lava Java
    56 plate V6 3lt auto in beautiful British Racing Green

9. Likes reddiesel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you have red is called a stove top mocha.
    Don't be tempted to wedge it down with a 'tamper' as it stops the water getting through properly.
    The 'cup' size refers to espresso cups. I have half a dozen or more different sizes from 1 cup to 14 cups.
    56 plate V6 3lt auto in beautiful British Racing Green

Post Thanks / Like
    I splashed out on an Alessi Model Hank from John Lewis , they come in two sizes and I got the
    large one which makes one full mug , £55 now , it was only £45 a year ago
    I really rate that Ikea Coffee Hank , the yellow pack which is the strongest and still a bargain
    at £2.20 a pack or three for two .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    My parents had a place just outside Albufeira before they had to sell up due to ill health, but have to say the coffee in the wee cafe across from there’s did the best coffee ever!
    Bit of a trek just for a coffee though!
    The Portuguese do seem to make decent coffee,they also have the very civilised way of serving it with a brandy....
    Best value that I have found(from extensive testing) is a cafe run by Pedro on the cliff top near to the 'lighthouse' in Albufeira,two coffee's with brandy for 7.5 euros!
    2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12