Thread: Finding a Good Cup Of Coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Finding a Good Cup Of Coffee

I don't know if you boys enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the morning or even throughout the day ? I stopped visiting those High Street
    Places a long time back as I felt it was just overpriced rubbish I was drinking , I invested in a proper stove top coffee pot where you
    put the ground coffee in the top and the water in a separate chamber underneath , I stick it on top of the boat stove or on the gas
    hob and in five minutes its job done .
    The biggest problem after that was finding a really nice strong coffee , honestly there is so much utter rubbish out there and all costing
    up to £6.50 and beyond for 250g . Slowly but surely over the years I have tried them all and in my opinion ILLY is probably the one that
    ticks all the boxes , in fact I think its head and shoulders above all of the others and at £6.50 for a 250g tin at Waitrose you just shrug
    your shoulders and think " well at least I know What I am getting for the money and the others don't bear thinking about . "
    Well this was the wisdom until last night when a girlfriend dragged me into IKEA of all places to look at fitted kitchens , for years I have
    managed largely through being single with no kids to avoid these places , what man wouldn't exchange places with me in an instant ,
    it just bores me speechless . Anyway I digress slightly because I wandered over to the food section , can you believe it a food section
    in IKEA , why hasn't someone down the pub mentioned this fact to me ? In the corner I spot the Coffee Section , I then spot that the
    strong one is in the yellow packaging and is £2.25 for 250g or three packs for the price of two . I instantly thought about all the money
    I have wasted over the years attempting to source my ideal coffee , from William Martyn in Muswell Hill to some fancy place near the
    Derngate in Northampton , from Glasgow to Milton Keynes , in fact the canal must be littered with almost full packs of coffee I have
    hurled at passing Swans in a fit of temper that I have been mugged again .
    Well I picked one up paid for it and departed IKEA , I got home last night couldn't wait to try it and I have to tell you it was simply
    stunningly good , in fact I couldn't tell the difference from the ILLY at £6.50 , it was beautiful beyond words .
    So much so that today I went back to IKEA and bought six packs for a shade over £9.00 taking advantage of their three for two offer ,
    I love it when the working man can make a saving without compromising on quality , both are 100% Arabica , but who would have thought
    it ? Coffee bought from IKEA , £4.25 cheaper than ILLY and every bit as good , strange times

Post Thanks / Like
    Ikea's pans are pretty good as well,good heavy bottom,ideal for bouncing off your lady-friend's rear!

2000 S Type manual(now sold and replaced with a Transit Connect!) BMW E30 cabbie in the very rare neon green colour and a Nissan Micra for 'er indoors!

3. Likes rchiv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a coffee drinker myself. Tea is my tipple but I get your drift

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 106K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Where I work a lot of the time, there is a Ferrari garage down the road. I pop in there.

Signed 4183 miles from New Deli
    2009 X Type 2.2D Sovereign Estate
    2008 Focus ST2 CR285 plus some interesting mods, only driven on dry Sundays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by E30MW View Post
    Ikea's pans are pretty good as well,good heavy bottom,ideal for bouncing off your lady-friend's rear!

Theres a few things I would bounce off her rear and Pans aren't one of them

7. Likes Tink liked this post