Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the Asteroid Smart in mine but sold it as the radio sound would go all echoey, bought a £35.00 Android one that was same depth as the Parrot, better radio and downloadable satnav from Google Play, Waze etc, the Smart is limited to what apps it can use.
    2006 Liquid Silver X-Type 2.0D Sport Saloon, factory fitted XS body kit, facelift grille, Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fekker View Post
    I had the Asteroid Smart in mine but sold it as the radio sound would go all echoey, bought a £35.00 Android one that was same depth as the Parrot, better radio and downloadable satnav from Google Play, Waze etc, the Smart is limited to what apps it can use.
    Sweet. Can you tell more about the android you got. Cheers.
    56 Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60
    2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    Onboard Vapour Recovery System | Leather Steering Wheel
    Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper | Side Repeat Flashers

Post Thanks / Like
    £35.00? You can side load whatever Android apps you want on the Smart...
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 58,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers, hardwired Nextbase dash cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag-Black View Post
    Sweet. Can you tell more about the android you got. Cheers.
    The one I have is no longer available, here's similar ones.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Android-...19.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Double-D...19.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Touch-Ca...19.m1438.l2649
    2006 Liquid Silver X-Type 2.0D Sport Saloon, factory fitted XS body kit, facelift grille, Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezzer View Post
    £35.00? You can side load whatever Android apps you want on the Smart...
    Many apps won't work with older version of Android on the Smart or won't update to latest version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Many apps won't work with older version of Android on the Smart or won't update to latest version.
    That's true, however I understand a major update is in the pipeline that will remove that issue. I've uploaded all the apps I need for the moment so it doesn't affect me. I primarily got it for the sat nav and the ability to use Spotify etc. I rarely listen to the radio.

I don't have any issues with the sound quality as I mentioned...

I looked at the units you mentioned but they weren't for me, if you're happy with putting a horrid Chinese unit in a Jaguar then that's great. Horses for courses I guess.
    Last edited by Nezzer; 24-10-17 at 13:52.
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 58,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers, hardwired Nextbase dash cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Racehunter View Post
    Hi Nezzer,

I have been looking at the Parrot as an upgrade as I am not certain about the quality of the 'chinese' double din units available, and many other non china units appear to be produced for iphone users (of which I am not one!). Would you mind posting a few pictures of it in the car and indicate if there are any 'care points' to consider during fitting?

My car is non touchscreen, so going DD is really the only sensible upgrade taking cost into account.

Thanks

Steve
    Hi Steve. Going DD is a good option but unfortunately when the old unit comes out there is not enough room to fit it in. The heater ducts are in the way as the "hole" that's left is not deep enough. Good luck to find one that fits. You could always try the tablet route.
    2006 X Type Chilli Red 71000 MLS was CAt C now repaired and painted. 2.2 Diesel SE F/R sensors F/R Cameras small screen on dash DRLs in headlights Twin Projectors with hids on high and low beams ( quick fire up ) leds inside on door trims and on outer door handles. Auto fold mirrors on double lock Modded front bumper. Footwell lights in rear tinted rear windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray the Spray View Post
    Hi Steve. Going DD is a good option but unfortunately when the old unit comes out there is not enough room to fit it in. The heater ducts are in the way as the "hole" that's left is not deep enough. Good luck to find one that fits. You could always try the tablet route.

I beg to differ. The Parrot fits easily without modification to the car.
    Last edited by Nezzer; 26-10-17 at 14:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray the Spray View Post
    A DD unit will fit as long as it is no more than 16mm deep. Here is an old thread that gives options, there might be newer ones:

http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=62642
    55 X-Type 3.0 Sovereign estate, automatic, midnight blue, barley leather

Previous cars going back through time:
    X-Type 2.2d SE estate, Alfa Romeo GT, Porsche 928, Lexus GS300, Mercedes E320, Mercedes E280, Rover 600, Vauxhall Senator, Opel Ascona, Fiat 127, Dutton Phaeton, Hillman Avenger

I always wanted to be somebody but I now realise that I should have been more specific.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123