Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parrot Asteroid Smart

Post Thanks / Like

Parrot Asteroid Smart

Has anyone else fitted one of these? I'm quite pleased with mine but would like to 'bling' it up a bit! Anyone got any tips on how to improve it? It's a bit limited with the only apps available being the ones that Parrot provide. Has anyone tried side loading apps? How about changing the boot screen?

I've changed the horrible background with the temporary image attached. I'll do it properly when I get time...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bootscreen.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	25039
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 56,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers

2. Likes XMan2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe something like this? Who knows?

Name:	bootscreen2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	25044
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 56,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers

Post Thanks / Like
    Went with a retro look in the end...

Name:	Jaguar-logo-bw.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	25083

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering there must be a lot of folk out there either without SatNav or with the un-updatable and outdated Jaguar SatNav, I'm surprised no one else has fitted one of these...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezzer View Post
    Considering there must be a lot of folk out there either without SatNav or with the un-updatable and outdated Jaguar SatNav, I'm surprised no one else has fitted one of these...
    Thing is if you have the touch screen, you need to retain it for other functions, audio, climate etc.
    2005 2.2 D Estate

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnw777 View Post
    Thing is if you have the touch screen, you need to retain it for other functions, audio, climate etc.
    Ah, get it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Final iteration...

Name:	background.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	25113

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nezzer,

I have been looking at the Parrot as an upgrade as I am not certain about the quality of the 'chinese' double din units available, and many other non china units appear to be produced for iphone users (of which I am not one!). Would you mind posting a few pictures of it in the car and indicate if there are any 'care points' to consider during fitting?

My car is non touchscreen, so going DD is really the only sensible upgrade taking cost into account.

Thanks

Steve
    54 Plate 05MY 2.0D SE X Type Estate. Jaguar Racing Green, Champagne Leather.60,000 miles but increases every time I drive it! EGR blanked 10/11/13. Something for the weekend? 1984 Shrike P15 Sports 2000. Chassis number 004. Designed by RJO who was the Chief Designer with Project XJ220 Ltd, the Company set up by Jaguar Sport to develop the XJ220.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a quick one from my 'phone... Happy to help if I can.

Name:	parrot.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	627.6 KB 
ID:	25114

11. Likes Jag-Black liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that reminds me, I hate the miss-match of colours. It still looks crap after spending weeks trying to find a colour match...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast