Thread: Real world adblue useage

Post Thanks / Like

Real world adblue useage

So something slightly different to MPG etc etc.

We know what Jaguar suggest (pretty much no more than 10,000 miles per tank), but what is happening in real life?

According to my dealer, the tank is 16 litres in size (although Jag reckon 17 litres, anyone know the truth?)
    At the service today, it came back that my tank is 7.8 litres until empty (8.2 litres to top up).
    Not been topped up since I purchased the vehicle. Have covered about 10,000 miles.

I'd say that is pretty good compared to Jags estimations.
    Certainly dont need to worry about topping up yet.

Oh by the way, thats the 180ps diesel. Auto.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    Filled the tank 2 times. 5liters/time.
    Mileage 14000km/1.6=8750

E-Performance (163hp).

Post Thanks / Like
    163Ps version has a smaller adblue tank, all in the quest of weight saving, packaging of tank etc.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    163Ps version has a smaller adblue tank, all in the quest of weight saving, packaging of tank etc.
    All I can find on the website suggests the tanks are all 17 litres on the XF. Who knows. Supposedly mine is 16 litres according to dealer.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    The tanks are all the same capacity but the 163 is only filled with 6 liters from new to comply with its tested emissions level.
    358 Sovereign LWB 2.7tdi 2008 black, 308 sport 3.2,2000 X, 308 1998 3.2, 420g 1967.