Thread: Has my XF 2012 Fuel Gauge gone Kaput?

Post Thanks / Like

Has my XF 2012 Fuel Gauge gone Kaput?

Hi All;

After a very short moment of happiness whilst I fixed the parking sensor (thanks fro your help/support), the fuel gauge is reporting zero fuel in the tank but the tank is 80% full - I know because I filled it

Is it possible that I have damaged the fuel gauge wiring whilst trying to fix the rear PDC sensor? I literally removed the diffuser's 4 plastic screws and inserted my arm between the diffuser and the rear bumper and replaced the PDC sensor, nothing else was touched!!

Could this be just coincidence?

Anyway, is there a simple solution, is this a faulty fuel sensor or do I have to replace the fuel tank or the fuel pump?

Thanks for your help again

Lucio

Post Thanks / Like
    i would try disconnecting the battery for half an hour and see if that fixes it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glenno View Post
    i would try disconnecting the battery for half an hour and see if that fixes it.
    I'll try and report back, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, if that doesn't work I believe that it is fairly easy to access the fuel sender unit, just remove the rear seat squab and there is an access panel above the sender unit. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try looking at thread titled "XF Fuel gauge reading low". Hope this helps