Thread: CD changer (boot)

Post Thanks / Like

CD changer (boot)

Hiya, i have the pleasure of owning a 06 s-type 4.2 v8 sport in metallic grey, full leather interior with heated seats satnav and hopefully after this post a 6 disc CD multi changer. The problem is that I can't find the power lead to connect to the multi changer. Ive taken the side boot lining Wich allows me to view the satnav disc system and all connections for this, but there is no sign of the power lead for the multi disc changer. It's not taped to the side or tucked away where I can check. Any ideas on where it could be? The satnav system is sitting in the brackets with a space underneath where the disc changer should sit. I have no idea where to look. And help would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob. Oh I couldn't upload a pic as this would of made things easier to explain.
    I now own a 06 4.2 v8 S-Type sport in met silver. 6 speed auto and 18 in alloys, Full black leather interior with front heated seats. Awesome car and looks superb

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the diagram it should be in the boot on the left hand side and is a 3way black connector (CA267). The power line is on pin 2 and is coloured brown/green.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

3. Likes Bobsteele71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks jimbov8, I have had the whole left side exposed but can't find anything Wich connects to the changer. I'm wondering if someone has taken out the old one with the power connection too
    I now own a 06 4.2 v8 S-Type sport in met silver. 6 speed auto and 18 in alloys, Full black leather interior with front heated seats. Awesome car and looks superb

Post Thanks / Like
    If they did you should find the cut wires?
    SE05 JAG stype, 2. 7 DIESEL,zircon/barley,sat nav2012,xenons,winter pack,rear park assist,
    Retrofitted > cdc,bluetooth phone module, pairs 5phones, jaguar voice, Led cabin lites.chrome grille &light surrounds, power points +leds in boot, ,DRLs, boot spoiler, Dash cam front/rear, Folding mirrors on double lock, Intergrated Reversing camera, Webasto heater manually selectable, Half wood st/wheel,burr walnut interior, dash clock, 84,000 mlies umbrella.

6. Likes Bobsteele71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn't see any cut wires. I'll look a little deeper down the side and see what I can find. Thanks for ur help

8. Likes stanboy liked this post