Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Touch Screen Confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj View Post
    Oh dear, I appear to have started something! What I am trying to do is turn off the aircon, but now it could be light blue for off or on! As you all suggest, I'll have a play.

Cheers

John
    Hi John, it isn't AC in the XF it is climate control, there is no need to switch it off just alter the temperature to suit, mine is set to 20.5 summer and winter which I find comfortable. You can cause a lot of expensive problems turning it off for any length of time, also it helps when demisting the windows. Phil
    p. s. As Robinus said you haven't started anything, this forum is all about discussion, either agreeing or disagreeing.
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're all different. I prefer my ac compressor off unless i need it to cool or dehumidify. For every regas due to not beng used story there is a worn out compressor story. I've never needed a regas on any car I've owned or had an ac fault of any kind since my series 3 XJ6 which got a stone through the condensor.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're not alone. I had the same dilemma a few days ago trying to work out which colour was on/off when checking if my A/C was functioning or not.
    I must of course now try out the colour scheme options just to see what's available.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two possibilities: When I turn the climate Control OFF on mine, the vents all close (although that feature is configurable); Press the 'Auto' button so the orange led is on, then see what you see in the CC screen. Hit the on/off button on the screen. It'll change colour and the led on the Auto button will go out. The possibilities are almost endless Confused yet?
    2010 (10) XF 3.0D S Prem Lux in Spectrum / Ivory + Parking kit, DAB Radio, Xenon lamps, Voice.

Work is time spent paying for sailing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glenno View Post
    We're all different. I prefer my ac compressor off unless i need it to cool or dehumidify. For every regas due to not beng used story there is a worn out compressor story. I've never needed a regas on any car I've owned or had an ac fault of any kind since my series 3 XJ6 which got a stone through the condensor.
    I've heard of many many stories of a regas required due to lack of use (including my Daughter whose car sat for a year unused). I've never heard of a single compressor failure though. Not even on cars with south of 200k on the clock. Each to their own but the odds of a regas issue are 1000x higher than compressor failure IMO.
    2012 XF 3.0D S Premium Luxury

Post Thanks / Like
    9 years on and I still have to look to see which cruise control button does what, for some reason I just can't get it into my head. Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

7. Likes JPJag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    I've heard of many many stories of a regas required due to lack of use (including my Daughter whose car sat for a year unused). I've never heard of a single compressor failure though. Not even on cars with south of 200k on the clock. Each to their own but the odds of a regas issue are 1000x higher than compressor failure IMO.
    Hi, my brother in law is looking at £1200 to have his AC re-instated after never using it for 2 years despite warnings. Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    That makes no sense. Why pay to repair something he doesn't use?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glenno View Post
    That makes no sense. Why pay to repair something he doesn't use?
    The answer is quite simple really, it impacts on the value of the car come trade in time, as he has found out, to a higher value than having it repaired. Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jberks View Post
    Agree with you.
    2010 XFS 3.0D Portfolio with all toys (ACC/Voice/TV etc) except sunroof

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast