Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Touch Screen Confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    Hi John, it isn't AC in the XF it is climate control,
    It has both. A/C controls the air temp coming in to the cabin, C/C maintains it.

Press Auto to turn on C/C. Deselect it and you'll be running just A/C. Turn that off when the engine's warm and you'll get heat only.

As Phil and most others agree, nice and easy to just run C/C, it hardly impacts on your mpg overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, thanks everyone. Really appreciate the advice. I'll have a play, when the weather warms up!

Note to self: So, it's green for aircon on, pink for climate off, alternating flashing yellow & silver for Radio 2 and tartan to alter the clock

Cheers all

John

3. Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj View Post
    Excellent, thanks everyone. Really appreciate the advice. I'll have a play, when the weather warms up!

Note to self: So, it's green for aircon on, pink for climate off, alternating flashing yellow & silver for Radio 2 and tartan to alter the clock

Cheers all

John
    I knew you'd get there in the end!! Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

5. Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just leave my Climate control on auto all year round. The gas going through the system lubricates the seals and stops them going brittle and leaking. Extended A/c off periods can prove more expensive than a simple regas if seals and extra work is needed.
    I have never had a compressor failure yet but one of my rarely used cars is now without working A/c due to extended periods of lying idle and as such is in need of A/c servicing every year which seems a little pointless for the amount of miles I do in it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123