Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Touch Screen Confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by philayl1 View Post
    Hi John, it isn't AC in the XF it is climate control,
    It has both. A/C controls the air temp coming in to the cabin, C/C maintains it.

Press Auto to turn on C/C. Deselect it and you'll be running just A/C. Turn that off when the engine's warm and you'll get heat only.

As Phil and most others agree, nice and easy to just run C/C, it hardly impacts on your mpg overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent, thanks everyone. Really appreciate the advice. I'll have a play, when the weather warms up!

Note to self: So, it's green for aircon on, pink for climate off, alternating flashing yellow & silver for Radio 2 and tartan to alter the clock

Cheers all

John

3. Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj View Post
    Excellent, thanks everyone. Really appreciate the advice. I'll have a play, when the weather warms up!

Note to self: So, it's green for aircon on, pink for climate off, alternating flashing yellow & silver for Radio 2 and tartan to alter the clock

Cheers all

John
    I knew you'd get there in the end!! Phil
    2008 XF Luxury 2.7D, Azure Blue/Dove Grey, Jaguar Voice, Mirror Pack, Winter Pack, DAB Radio, Keyless Entry, Owned from new.

5. Likes Robinus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just leave my Climate control on auto all year round. The gas going through the system lubricates the seals and stops them going brittle and leaking. Extended A/c off periods can prove more expensive than a simple regas if seals and extra work is needed.
    I have never had a compressor failure yet but one of my rarely used cars is now without working A/c due to extended periods of lying idle and as such is in need of A/c servicing every year which seems a little pointless for the amount of miles I do in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone and thanks for all the advice/feedback. I think I have it sorted now!

I do get a bit confused by Auto mode (climate) though. It just sort of puts everything on full and boils me to death, so I end up turning down the temp and fan which of course puts everything back to Manual. Which defeats the object really.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj View Post
    Hi everyone and thanks for all the advice/feedback. I think I have it sorted now!

I do get a bit confused by Auto mode (climate) though. It just sort of puts everything on full and boils me to death, so I end up turning down the temp and fan which of course puts everything back to Manual. Which defeats the object really.

John
    Auto mode should maintain the internal temperature of the car to whatever you have it set at. Mine stays at 20.5 virtually all year round. Altering the temperature should not turn off auto mode. Adjusting the fan will turn off auto mode and so will pressing the max button by the heated front/rear windscreen but auto should return as soon as you turn off Max but that is normally only used first thing to clear your windscreen quickly.
    Jaguar XF Portfolio 3.0 litre Supercharged Petrol (63 Reg) in Italian Racing Red.
    Previously 2008 2.7 XF PL with all the extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been reading this and I give in, how do you change the colour scheme?
    2.2 d sport in British Racing Green metallic with cream leather interior, six disc changer, heated seats,heated screens, hid kit,upper and lower mesh grilles, headlamp power wash.( Has now gone on to new owner) Replaced with a metallic black 2.2 XF sport with extra toys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123