Thread: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Retirement in other countries)

Post Thanks / Like

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Retirement in other countries)

Well, it's back. One of my favourite programs all about what it is like in retirement in other countries. I get to shout abuse at the screen when the most obnoxious female in the world opens her oversize mouth to disrespect other countries cultures and the in later episodes I get to see some real Ladies and Gentlemen.

Miriam Margolyes is in my opinion, the ugliest, most obnoxious, overweight, repulsive, disrespectful in your face creature on God's green earth. She shows a total lack of respect for any culture and constantly complains that she is not happy and this is not what she expected. If anyone watched the previous series, they would have seen her go out of her way in Miami to disrespect and start an argument in a country club because she does not like Republicans. Tell you what Miriam, go back to your Australian lesbian life partner of 50 years that you constantly brag about and let others who would offer constructive criticism appear in the show.

Thankfully, the other three in her group (Bobby George, Wayne Sleep and Rosemary Shrager)are far more appreciative of foreign culture. They actually had positive comments and criticisms on retirement in China.

Coming soon will be Sheila Ferguson, Paul Nicholas, Dennis Taylor and again Rosemary Schrager. Missing will be Amanda Barry and Lionel Blair. This should be a good one as it's in Chiang Mai and we do not have to suffer that old crab Margoylis.

Well worth watching.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite agree Tony. We've recorded it for later viewing.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheila Ferguson ? Now theres a proper woman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Quite agree Tony. We've recorded it for later viewing.
    I wont spoil it then.

Did I tell you that Miriam Margoyles is the most obnoxious person I have ever watched on TV. I may not have got my point across.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Sheila Ferguson ? Now theres a proper woman
    I'm looking forward to the one with her in Chiang Mai. from the excerpt she does not look a happy bunny.

For 9 months of the year, the outer areas of Chiang Mai are great but then the idiot farmers in Thailand, Myanmar and Laos start burning their fields and a smog descends with large quantities of 2.5 particles. That's when everyone heads for Issan or the south.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post
    Miriam Margolyes is in my opinion, the ugliest, most obnoxious, overweight, repulsive, disrespectful in your face creature on God's green earth.
    Ah, not just me then!
    X358 SV8 LWB in Ultimate Black, Limo Tint Rears, Takoba 9Jx20 alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rtcosic View Post
    Ah, not just me then!
    I absolutely despise this woman. She goes out of her way to insult people and has no regard for anyone's culture.

Apart from her, it's a great series.

Tony
    1997 Carnival Red X300, 2009 Dirty Blue 2.2 X type estate with dreaded DPF

Post Thanks / Like
    I got completely lost reading this, as the title of the thread made me think of that film based in India. Wasn't that the same title?

As for this program you are on about. Never heard of it. But I've seen enough of other countries and cultures to know I'm pretty well off where I am.
    I'm sure it is an interesting watch though. Although, I wouldn't knock everything your favourite woman says. These constant moaners are often correct in some respects, and are very good at seeing the bad points, but they just can't see the good sides as well. So if you have a wide selection of people, their input can be handy to get an overall view. Especially as some people can only ever see the good points, and refuse to mention any bad points.

My brother is a constant moaner regarding the UK. As long as you don't believe everything he says, he is a handy way of seeing what could be better. Just don't spend too much time listening to him, otherwise you'd go mad and end up in a massive argument. I'm sure the same could be said of this Miriam character.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    James.

The travel series did indeed take the title from the film.

You should try and watch it. It is a very interesting series but my complaint against this obnoxious woman is that whereas the others are discussing retirement in a constructive way and looking at the different cultures, Margoyles has no interest in this. She hogs the limelight with her outrageous comments and does everything she can to offend people. She is just playing to the camera and ruining a great program. Even Rosemary Shrager, a woman not backwards in coming forwards, switched groups to get away from her.

I suppose the producers think this is good tactics putting on a hard left, lesbian activist who admits on air that she prefers her own company to that of others.

Great series ruined by a great old hag.

Tony
    1997 Carnival Red X300, 2009 Dirty Blue 2.2 X type estate with dreaded DPF

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy Slim View Post
    James.

The travel series did indeed take the title from the film.

You should try and watch it. It is a very interesting series but my complaint against this obnoxious woman is that whereas the others are discussing retirement in a constructive way and looking at the different cultures, Margoyles has no interest in this. She hogs the limelight with her outrageous comments and does everything she can to offend people. She is just playing to the camera and ruining a great program. Even Rosemary Shrager, a woman not backwards in coming forwards, switched groups to get away from her.

I suppose the producers think this is good tactics putting on a hard left, lesbian activist who admits on air that she prefers her own company to that of others.

Great series ruined by a great old hag.

Tony
    Reminds me of a certain character on the film. I doubt the end result will be the same though.
    I'm going to have to watch it just for this Miriam character now though. In that respect, I suspect the producers have succeeded in what they set out to do.
    Somehow though, I doubt your intentions were to promote the program when you went on about her, but you've managed it.
    If I manage to find repeats on the t'internet, I will let ye know what I thought of it.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver