Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine bay. Replace & Look at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep mine were the same. New bushes on order and I will replace all four. Got me thinking though. Something I must check up on!
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 10 View Post
    FWIW when I dropped the subframe on my XK8, before replacing all the parts listed above, I took the bare casting and had it grit blasted, then gave it a coat of zinc chromate etch primer followed by silver two-pack.

Consequently eight years later the subframe still looks better than when it left the factory.

While yours in dismantled why not do the same?
    Nice idea. But I power washed mine a little while ago and it looks good in that respect. Obviously I could make it look shiny and new but at this stage anyway all I want is to get it back to where it should be. What I have done is treated all the normally inaccessible areas with rust treatment. Killed with Rustcure. Hammerited. Under sealed. This is work in progress http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...=1#post1056168

Still a way to go yet.
    It's in the detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure the polybushes are very very well lubricated. I replaced mine a couple of years ago and despite putting loads of red grease on them, they have started to make an awful racket; I haven't had time to get under the car properly yet but suspect the anti roll bar bushes.
    back with my 2000 XKR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kreyszig View Post
    Make sure the polybushes are very very well lubricated. I replaced mine a couple of years ago and despite putting loads of red grease on them, they have started to make an awful racket; I haven't had time to get under the car properly yet but suspect the anti roll bar bushes.
    All my bushes have been replaced with poly bushes. I checked them on the subframe and was surprised how they were in such good condition. The roll bars esp looked good. Hoping to have the car back by the weekend. We will see.....
    It's in the detail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12