Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Shouldn't Drool But I Did....

Post Thanks / Like

I Shouldn't Drool But I Did....

I was going into town this evening to take my daughter to her works Christmas do, When I came up along side a lovely 5.0 Mustang. The traffic was heavy and we were side by side crawling along a section of dual carriageway. I just had to lower my window and listen to that American V8 burble, Mine sounds great with the free flow exhaust and 200cell cats but I really gotta hand it to the Yanks the sound of that engine is just pure sweet music. We had the chance between sets of traffic lights for a short blip now and again and believe me I was drooling.
    Jaguar X350 XJR Freeflow SS Exhaust. / Jaguar X308 XJR

2. Likes JimC64, StokieChris, Ashanti, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we know what your next car will be then

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 107K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years ago my neighbour gave me a lift in his 2010 white with blue stripes Dodge Challenger which made a fantastic sound but was disappointed with the crazy way it struggled to put down the power when the loud peddle was fully pressed and it only had a range of something like 200 miles on a full tank of fuel. For the money it was worth at the time an XK makes much better sense and the steering wheel is on the right side of the car.
    I have owned 35 cars in my time which range from a Mini, 2CV,l Land Rover etc. to a Jaguar XJ a Porsche and many Mercedes. My current car is a 2007 Jaguar XK which is my third Jag and also have a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt as a little run around.

5. Likes JPJag liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am with you boys to a certain extent regarding American Cars and the Mustang I have looked at in some depth .
    My only complaint is the the horrible plastic interiors and the Metal Bodywork that seems to me to be really " Tinny "
    for the money asked they just never seem to shout out quality . Sixties and Seventies Icons however fetch very big money

Post Thanks / Like
    Both have cross plane cranks so any difference in exhaust burble is down to the exhaust system, supercharged Jags like ours use X pipes (inside the centre exhaust box on my STR) whereas Mustangs normally use H pipes as standard which burble more, removing either pipes gives even more burble but decreases BHP/Torque

The H & X pipes even out the 8 exhaust pulses which improves exhaust gas scavenging hence engine efficiency.
    “If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”

JAGUAR STR

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think I'd ever want to own one but Yank muscle cars do look meaty and sound so nice. Just as a side note I've always though the interiors looked nasty e.g. a few decades behind.
    Jaguar X350 XJR Freeflow SS Exhaust. / Jaguar X308 XJR

Post Thanks / Like
    The current Mustang is much closer to European quality though, especially if you consider that a 5.0 litre V8 with 420 hp costs the same as a Focus RS with 70 hp less but with AWD. It is not quite premium quality but it is a long way from premium price. And designed by a Callum A lot of competent car for the money, cool image, and something different to the mainly anonymous stuff available at that price point.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

10. Likes Ashanti, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not for me i'm afraid.

Thats more like it!!

my version of the perfect muscle car is...

1000+ HP

manual gearbox and bald rear tires

heaven!!
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=95691
    My S Type Thread ^^^

"Remember don't drink and drive"

You might spill ya beer

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a convert re Yank metal.
    Over the years I've owned a 73 Camaro Z28 and two 1999 Z28's. I've also owned a 72 Corvette, a 73 Corvette and an 84 Corvette.

Still love my Jag though.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    You pay for the engine really for American muscle with a V8 motor. £36k for a 5.0L v8 Mustang in the UK, that's much less than the top hot hatch cars nowadays and much more fun too.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

14. Likes Ashanti liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast