Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting when cold - 2.2D auto

Post Thanks / Like

Hunting when cold - 2.2D auto

Hello guys,
    Some advice, if you would be so kind...
    Recently had EML on - took it to local garage who read fault code p0401 - egr low flow rate. They then cleared the code but the engine was 'hunting' when starting from cold. Yesterday, the EML came on again.
    Any suggestions where to start - I am wary of taking the car back to the garage in case they start replacing everything!!!
    The car is a 2008 euro4 with DPF.
    Cheers,

Mike
    2008 X Type 2.2D SE auto, Glacier Blue with Barley trim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge_mike View Post
    Hello guys,
    Some advice, if you would be so kind...
    Recently had EML on - took it to local garage who read fault code p0401 - egr low flow rate. They then cleared the code but the engine was 'hunting' when starting from cold. Yesterday, the EML came on again.
    Any suggestions where to start - I am wary of taking the car back to the garage in case they start replacing everything!!!
    The car is a 2008 euro4 with DPF.
    Cheers,

Mike
    egr probably bunged up with gunk take it off and give it a good clean also do the inlet manifold at same time, very dirty messy job though
    2006 2.0d se estate winter gold, champagne leather, egr partial blank, silicon hose, retrofit bluetooth, phone, voice activation, cd changer, upper and lower stainless mesh grilles, front ghost logo puddle lights, powerfold mirrors on double lock ( thanks PRISONERS ) oil catch tank, reverse camera ( big thanks to Euan Tausney )

3. Thanks sponge_mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As said, the code is pointing you in the direction of a possible failure. Easy enough to clean out just messy and time consuming.
    2007 X-Type Saloon sport 2.5 AWD in Black.

2010 Zafira Elite 1.9 CDTI (with the chocolate M32 Box)

20 years experience with motor vehicle engineering.

5. Thanks sponge_mike thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can attempt to clean the EGR valve, but I was informed that the DPF Auto version cannot be cleaned due to all the electronics. Mine was cleaned just before I bought the car but a new one had to be fitted under warranty just after I bought it as the car was stalling at junctions. Two years and 20000 miles and still ok.
    2008 - 2.2 Auto Sovereign Saloon - Genuine Sovereign with heated screen, piped seats, Satnav, Premium Sound System, Jaguar Voice, Front and Rear Sensors, Walnut Steering Wheel and dash, Proteus 18" Wheels plus the dreaded DPF!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaner addtive

I had problems with my car being sluggish and feeling clogged up. I was recommended Archoil fuel additive. Wow amazing stuff - after a tankful with the AR6400-D MAX additive the car feels like it has had a remap! Highly recommend. I have also used their AR9100 oil additive and now use the AR6900-D MAX fuel additive for every fillup and it has kept getting better and better over the last 3 tankfulls. So much more responsive.

ARCHOIL

AR9100 – engine oil additive ratio 28:1. (200ml bottle is 1 dose for most engines.) Getting a 1 litre bottle is a lot cheaper overall.
    https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/archoil-ar9100-advanced-friction-modifier-oil-additive-1342.html

AR6400-D MAX – Fuel additive for diesel. 400ml bottle per full tank. Intensive clean.
    https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/archoil-ar6400-d-pro-diesel-cleaner-pea-concentrate-639.html

AR6900-D MAX – use every fill up. Best value 1 litre bottle (has a measure device built in).
    https://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/archoil-ar6900-d-max-advanced-fuel-synthesis.html

(-P for petrol additve.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your reply, Faltwen. I have it booked in with a local garage to have it cleaned out and a blanking plate fitted on Wednesday. I'll let you know if it is successful.

Mike
    2008 X Type 2.2D SE auto, Glacier Blue with Barley trim

Post Thanks / Like
    cheers, if it's successful I may look into getting mine blanked.
    2008 - 2.2 Auto Sovereign Saloon - Genuine Sovereign with heated screen, piped seats, Satnav, Premium Sound System, Jaguar Voice, Front and Rear Sensors, Walnut Steering Wheel and dash, Proteus 18" Wheels plus the dreaded DPF!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltwen View Post
    You can attempt to clean the EGR valve, but I was informed that the DPF Auto version cannot be cleaned due to all the electronics. Mine was cleaned just before I bought the car but a new one had to be fitted under warranty just after I bought it as the car was stalling at junctions. Two years and 20000 miles and still ok.
    I second the above about cleaning the DPF version.

Sponge Mike.
    You should change your signature or do you have 2 x types.
    09 X Type 2-2 Auto Sovereign Ionian Blue, Ivory/Oyster

Post Thanks / Like
    For a 2.2d the blanking plate needs to be one with a hole : about 8mm if I remember correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm led to believe that the 2:2 auto needs a 10mm hole in the blanking plate and it's better to be a stainless steel plate, but i have heard that the 2:2 auto doesn't work with a blanking plate.
    09 X Type 2-2 Auto Sovereign Ionian Blue, Ivory/Oyster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast