Thread: Jaguar xk 4.2 upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar xk 4.2 upgrades

Hello, just new to the forum and was wondering if I could get some opinions on whether to upgrade my 4.2 xk with the view of adding extra value to the car with the following upgrades..paramount cat and exhaust upgrade, remap, rear diffuser, upgraded alloys n tyres..thatd take my total investment in the car to around 12 grand with all the kit added and was wondering what type of money to sell it for based on 06-07 plate 4.2. Thanks in advance

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think your absolutely wasting your time Richard as you won't add anything to the cars value , in fact a Dealer will probably offer less
    in a PX . The car is worth around £13 to £14k to a Dealer with a mileage no greater than 60000 .

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thank you for the advice..much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Red, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it.

If you want to do this to increase the value, forget it.

If you want to do this to increase your enjoyment of the car, and feel the cost is worthwhile, go ahead.

My personal taste is to keep mine as it left the factory, but each to their own!
    2006 XK Indigo Blue with Caramel seats and Sable carpets

5. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah its more for the enjoyment really, iv picked a decent xk up for 7000 at auction so far as cost with the upgrades id be quite happy to take it to 12000 as thats what I was looking at paying for an non modified xk to be honest..been driving the old x-type estate for a number of years so id be understating the fact that im slightly blown away with the new motor, some machine..Not exactly child friendly but hey ho lol

Post Thanks / Like
    A nice polished example has been known to blow the knickers off wimmin.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha lol. Think my missus wud be delighted with that lol. Noticed you hav had the 5.0 xk..is there much difference between that and the 4.2 apart from the power..just noticed one on ebay near me thats 2010 plate with 103000 on the clock. £12995. Is it worth going for at that price

Post Thanks / Like
    The mileage is not a problem Richard it will be down to how well it’s been looked after. The 5L is powerful, smooth and intoxicating and apart from the odd water pump failure, extremely reliable.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers jim