Thread: Hazard Switch and paint colour

Post Thanks / Like

Hazard Switch and paint colour

Hi All

I haven't found my answer online yet and haven't taken the hazard switch apart yet....... but when operated should the switch flash along with the indicators? On mine, the dashboard indicators flash, but the switch does nothing.

Also, does the paint colour / code. I wanted to see if I could get a touch up stick or something similar for the odd small nick... is the body colour code somewhere. Couldn't see an ID plate under the bonnet.

thanks and Merry Christmas all !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Paint code can be found in the passenger door jamb on the B pillar.

Some cars the hazard switch will flash in time with the indicators some will just light up.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All
    Just read a review of the new E Pace in the Jaguar World Magazine. They generally liked the vehicle but were not very complimentary on the way the suspension performed.
    No criticism of the road holding etc., which they rated as excellent. However they were far from complimentary on how hard the suspension actually is. Anyone expecting a nice smooth Jaguar shock absorbing type ride, then the E-Pace is not for them.
    They consider it way to firm a ride, some of which they put down to the 20" wheels fitted to the 2 cars they tested. They hope that 18" or 19" wheels would alleviate the problem somewhat, but were not convinced that it would, which is a pity.
    I have been comparing the E-Pace to my ASX Mitsubishi and find it very hard to justify the huge price difference when comparing the specifications, and very much doubt if it will get me back in a Jaguar once again.
    Regards
    Telfer.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear from you Telfer a much missed member on this Forum . I think there has been some discussion on
    here previously about just how good the opposition are when it comes to models like the E Pace and indeed the
    F Pace , some of these Mitsubishi , Hyundai and Kia make a very convincing case when based on price and what
    you get for your money , I remember the same arguments being made for Datsuns back in the day when British
    Leyland charged extra for a Wireless

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Red and hope you are keeping fit and well. Enjoying the ASX very much indeed and it is running extremely well. Obviously not as refined as a Jaguar but does as you say offer great value for the money. It also gives a very good all round performance, along with a good level of comfort and excellent brakes. A very good friend of ours has just traded in his 18month old Audi for a new ASX and is also delighted with it.
    As I think I have said before it is very well equipped, keyless entry and start, automatic side and headlights, automatic front wipers setting, heated front seats, darkend rear windows, folding and heated mirrors, folding rear seats, ubs and power socket in centre consul, height adjustable drivers seat and adjustable steering column. No doubt more things will come to mind, and as I've said, it is very good value for the money.
    Will keep popping in from time to time.
    Bye for now.
    Regards,
    Telfer.
    Last edited by telferstr; 12-01-18 at 12:31.
    Mitsubishi ASX as of 31st Dec 2016. Volvo V40 which Replaced my 2005 Jaguar S-Type after nearly 10 years ownership on 25th May 2016, has now gone.

6. Likes JimC64, reddiesel liked this post