Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dreaming of a Jag, Driving a Hundai!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    Have you seen the size of New Build Garages on your typical Housing Estate , you would struggle to get a Moped in them
    This is how most are filled with rubbish rather than cars .
    Well then the builder should only charge for a moped garage then
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the XJ is the better car to own and drives like a dream. Get a Sovereign if you can find one which will have all the toys.
    I have owned 35 cars in my time which range from a Mini, 2CV,l Land Rover etc. to a Jaguar XJ a Porsche and many Mercedes. My current car is a 2007 Jaguar XK which is my third Jag and also have a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt as a little run around.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    There isn't much in it John and I think you may pleasantly surprised how it shrinks around you , have a go in each
    what harm can it do ? The Sprinter is a wonderful creation , I must have had around fifty of them over the years
    Mine is a 21 year old 312d, I call it Grunty! 191,295 miles at the moment and climbing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, smee again!
    Well, I sold the Hyundai go kart Monday, bought an S Type on Thursday. Pick it up next Thursday if weather holds out!!
    Talk about being nervous, I spent hours online, ebay, parkers, autotrader and local garages looking for a nice clean example.
    5K budget! Do I get a newer car with higher mileage, or an older car with lower mileage? That probably was the hardest decision.
    Well, don't all groan at once, bought a 1999 3.0SE in showroom condition with 14,000, yes fourteen thousand miles on it for 5K.
    Done all the checks on it and as far as I am able to tell it is a genuine one off. Garaged and hardly used by the first owner who sadly passed away after 15 years of ownership and was purchased from the owners widow by the current owner who has also kept it in a garage and hasn't used it that much either.
    I could hardly hear the engine and it just floated along like a hovercraft! I just could not say no to it.
    I will post some pics next week...........

5. Likes rick_shape, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If, as you say, it checked out then you have just got yourself a very good deal indeed. Enjoy it when you pick it up.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    14K, just about run in then. Enjoy it, it sounds a really good find.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Black on Ivory 5.0 Stratstone 'Le Mans' special edition XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Drove it over from Swindon to Caerphilly yesterday. What a fabulous car to drive. I think I am going to actually enjoy owning this car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the the forum Fijson, and congratulations on your purchase - it sounds as if you've landed on your feet with that one.
    Happy motoring...
    2006 XK Convertible, 4.2, Indigo with Ivory/Slate Blue, 20" Sentas, chrome grilles & gills, XK60-type body kit & exhaust tails.
    2017 420d Gran Coupe Sport which I am contractually obliged to drive during week days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome.

I too have a Hyundai but a Santa Fe which I Will be using for building work and towing a cannon.

My Sunday car is S type sport. A dream car lots of fun to drive.

Take your time and look for your car. I spent 6 months.

The boys and girls here will be happy to help you with any advice that you need. I would start by saying look for a car after the first facelift. Post 2002.5

If your are looking for a car that might go up in value then you most probably need one on steroids. The S type R commonly known as the STR.

Just read that you have found your car. Have fun.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123