Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Iceland said yesterday that they will stop usung plastic packaging on their own brand products within 5 years.
    Why not 5 months ??
    56 plate V6 3lt auto in beautiful British Racing Green

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    It's only a couple of £million ducmon, whereas Britain's contributions are £billions.

And banning plastic bags completely won't solve the problem, whereas charging 5 to15 cents for them will deter people from buying them.

Yes of course, brilliant solution!

They are talking about a tax on every bit of plastic here. even sticky tape .

Also I would like to know since when have the people in the EU been able to do any sort of maths
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    .......Anyways... I bought a 5-blade Shark razor from LIDL yesterday. It came in a cardboard box nearly 3 times bigger all round than itself.

Inside, it was packed in a sealed clear plastic bubble which I couldn't open by hand. I had to cut it off with scissors.

It looked tiny compared to the packaging....
    The problem of course with something like razors is hygiene and of course safety. Nobody would buy them if they thought somebody might have interfered with them and then again if they could easily be removed from the packaging they'd get nicked all the time. In many stores they have security labels either inside or outside the pack.
    "I know I'm a pessimist because my glass is always half empty...even when it's full".

2009 X-Type 2.2D Sovereign - Indigo Blue with Ivory Leather

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that the thicker bag-for-life style carriers are better value for money than the thin 5p ones so always get them instead now.

They are stronger and bigger and include eye catching printed designs that the cheap bags lack.
    56 Jaguar X400 | 6 Speed Manual Transaxle - MMT6 | Series 60
    2.2L Duratorq 16V TC (150PS) - Puma | 4 Door Saloon
    Onboard Vapour Recovery System | Leather Steering Wheel
    Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper | Side Repeat Flashers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345