Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What club

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reddiesel View Post
    I don't know Jim , I may go mob handed with Fast Eddie
    Seriously we have a few members on here from that locale , Gandy and Stagnite and Phil are nearby as well ,
    interesting that nobody has mentioned the Luton JDC Club .
    I have far more respect for my car than to park-up in Luton of an evening!
    From past experience of the town centre, I have no desire to exchange my rims for bricks.

I have encountered plenty of this kind of snobbery in Golfing circles in the past, so I know all about cliques and funny handshakes. It's such a shame when the like minded are ostracized by the small minded. The cars are secondary to the bank account and the acres of ground the driveway occupies.

Such is life.

Phil
    Phil Dean.
    2005 V6 3.0 Pacific Blue / Dove Grey - 'Christine'
    2005 V6 2.7 JRG / Ivory - 'Green Hornet'

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I come to think of the good times, the Triumph Big 6 Club were a terrific bunch.
    Club magazines came monthly with your membership. Good rag too.........

Only too glad to offer advice, experience and expertise - just like here.

Maybe a classic car club have a different outlook on life?

Phil.
    Phil Dean.
    2005 V6 3.0 Pacific Blue / Dove Grey - 'Christine'
    2005 V6 2.7 JRG / Ivory - 'Green Hornet'

4. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a paid up member of the JDC and had noticed a few negative comments of the Facebook page about diesel Jags, X350/X358 and newer not being real or proper Jags etc so I wrote a piece basically saying how disappointed I was with the negativity towards other Jaguar owners. Only really got 1 negative comment and eventually got an appology from the guy. The amount of support received from the rest of the group was really good and encouraging.
    I love my 2.7 X350 and will be driving her for as long as I can. I can't afford to run a petrol version but do not feel I have compromised. It's a jag.
    Anyway, going back to JDC, very happy with the magazine and all the benefits and the club as a whole. I will give it a year and if I'm still happy will continue with my membership. If not then I will try JEC
    Jaguar XJ 2.7d X356 Sovereign 2007. IndIgo Pearl Metalic Blue. Factory fitted Electric sunroof, Sat Nav. Dual zone climate, Front and rear heated leather seats

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilDean View Post
    I have far more respect for my car than to park-up in Luton of an evening!
    From past experience of the town centre, I have no desire to exchange my rims for bricks.

I have encountered plenty of this kind of snobbery in Golfing circles in the past, so I know all about cliques and funny handshakes. It's such a shame when the like minded are ostracized by the small minded. The cars are secondary to the bank account and the acres of ground the driveway occupies.

Such is life.

Phil
    You haven't encountered any snobbery Phil at Luton JDC have you ? If you haven't then its absolutely pointless comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    I'm a paid up member of the JDC and had noticed a few negative comments of the Facebook page about diesel Jags, X350/X358 and newer not being real or proper Jags etc so I wrote a piece basically saying how disappointed I was with the negativity towards other Jaguar owners. Only really got 1 negative comment and eventually got an appology from the guy. The amount of support received from the rest of the group was really good and encouraging.
    I love my 2.7 X350 and will be driving her for as long as I can. I can't afford to run a petrol version but do not feel I have compromised. It's a jag.
    Anyway, going back to JDC, very happy with the magazine and all the benefits and the club as a whole. I will give it a year and if I'm still happy will continue with my membership. If not then I will try JEC
    I'm sure I posted on your JDC FB post Jonno, glad you're loving the X350, she's a cracker

Thanks for adding your positive spin on the club situation too, good that's working out as well

Happy Jaggin

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

9. Likes Jonno, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    I'm sure I posted on your JDC FB post Jonno, glad you're loving the X350, she's a cracker

Thanks for adding your positive spin on the club situation too, good that's working out as well

Happy Jaggin

Jim
    Aha, so you're James Campbell? I like your comments mate. I'm looking forward to going to the get togethers and meeting other Jaguar owners. Only ever been to one Jaguar meet and that was in my X type. Very friendly people off here at Gaydon, great day out
    Jaguar XJ 2.7d X356 Sovereign 2007. IndIgo Pearl Metalic Blue. Factory fitted Electric sunroof, Sat Nav. Dual zone climate, Front and rear heated leather seats

11. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    I have been a member of the JEC for nearly 30 years, the magazine is very good as well.
    Previous Jaguars : 1985 4.2 Sov, 1988 3.6 Sov, 1990 4.0 Sov, 1994 3.2 Sov, 1998 4.0 Sov lwb, 2000 4.0 Sov lwb.2003 XJ 350 3.5se
    Current cars : 2011 XJL 3.0 Luxury, 2004 Xj Super V8 SWB, 2008 Transit ( my work van ), 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read this with interest - I've found club membership a mixed bag really...

I joined the JEC back in 2009 and went to my local regions meets too. I personally found the main club magazine a bit dull and overly politically correct. A few years back one of our old X350 forum members (I think she was called IMNL) submitted an article which their editor re-worded to the point that it made her sound like an idiot. She was suitably disappointed and posted the original for us all to read on this forum and her article was actually really great, funny and needed no adjustment. I have no idea why they interfered and ruined it. One positive thing I can say is we were luckily to have a presentation by Graham Searle the JEC General manager one evening. He was fantastic, very funny, down to earth and just a lovely man.

As for the local meets, I found them all really friendly and down to earth but it will depend on the individuals. The Chairman welcomed me in and insisted I enter my Daimler into their show and shine... it felt very uncomfortable when I won a trophy though and I could tell their was a lot of ill feeling as I had only just joined.

I also attended my local regions Jag run to Le-Havre in France shortly after I joined and was rather shocked to have my drinks spiked one night by someone and to this day I have no idea why they did it. The individual is known as a bit of a wild one and probably thought it was a fun way to initiate me but I spent the next day puzzled at how 4 or 5 pints of local beer had caused me to sleep half of the next day and wake up with one banging head... I was really embarrassed. Luckily another member of the club took me aside and explained what had happened.

These days Lindsey and me sometimes go to the meets but we find they are either very heavy drinkers and a bit rowdy, or they are a bit to technical (i.e. they talk engine parts all night and I have no idea what they are talking about!). I actually find the members on the forum usually more my kind or crowd, and they are also more helpful when you have a problem. We have much more of a laugh on here!... and to cap it all its free!!

Jim arranges forum meets from time to time - I have always guessed they are probably very good fun!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, Ashanti liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234