Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ne'er mind new designer shoes Chris.

He'll be buying another 351 in the not too distant, how do I know this? I'll let him explain.

Suffice to say, he let The Boss drive his.

Suddenly her previously, very well cared for X type just doesn't cut it.

Now if he has an ounce of sense, he'll use it to his advantage and finally scratch 'The Itch' only a

V8

can cure
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 NOV 2005
    Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

Watch this Space

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64, C16RKC, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    ... he let The Boss drive his...
    Rookie mistake.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

4. Likes JimC64, Ashanti, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Ne'er mind new designer shoes Chris.

He'll be buying another 351 in the not too distant, how do I know this? I'll let him explain.

Suffice to say, he let The Boss drive his.

Suddenly her previously, very well cared for X type just doesn't cut it.

Now if he has an ounce of sense, he'll use it to his advantage and finally scratch 'The Itch' only a

V8

can cure
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Rookie mistake.
    Lol, maybe aye, maybe no!

We went out for a meal last night to the local eatery, a very nice place, clean, good food and excellent service. It's a combination of Italian and Indian, winner of the best chef award blah blah blah

Anyhow, we went out and I offer to let her drive to try the new car......Of course I'm sitting there on pins and needles, watching the kerbs get ever closer as you do.

We miss the turn as she never knows where she's going, so it was another 5 miles down the motorway and back, not a bad thing

She has herself all nicely settled in, mirrors sorted and off she goes, enjoying the acceleration just a little too much and comments on how smooth and powerful she is, doing 95mph before she realises and reins her back a little lol.

I explain once we finally get there that she had to try it at least once, just to see, but that she should never, under any circumstances EVER do that again lol

She does love it, but would prefer an F Pace she says....

Done, dusted, never to be repeated.

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes mac_doctor, C16RKC, seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, did I did that 'sucking air through my teeth' thing for several seconds upon reading....

Let's hope Jim enjoys his new X-type, when he has to pass the XJ over to the boss...
    Last edited by C16RKC; 16-05-18 at 15:53.
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

8. Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor, JimC64, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Oh my, did I did that 'sucking air through my teeth' thing for several seconds upon reading....

Let's hope Jim enjoys his new X-type, when he has to pass the Jag over to the boss...
    He can always sit in the back and watch the TV with his new headphones!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe

10. Likes JimC64, C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the trip to Wickwar nr Bristol confirmed for tomorrow, may call into Cardiff & Droitwich, then head for home is the plan, we'll see how it goes.

In readiness the "Tanned Temptress" ( a phrase coined by another forum member lol ) was checked, fuelled ready good to go for a dark o clock early start.

The trip back home from Aldershot was riddled with stop / start from traffic and had some "faster spurts" in there too, so not expecting too much

She was showing 40.1 mpg on the trip having covered 466.1 miles with 132 remaining so would've been decent enough I guess.

Both Fuelly and manual calculations come out at 39.0 mpg and so again, not far off what the trip is telling me, all good.

On filling up display reads as 588 miles available, but we all know that can be improved on, so we'll see I guess. Time / weather and traffic etc permitting tomorrow may show a little better.

A quick wash today too removed various bird droppings, quarry dust and mountains of brake dust, so nice n shiny again, for the time being.

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

12. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs TheBoy drives mine whenever she pops out (driveway has 3 cars, but being single width, we just jump in the most convenient). And she's kerb it , but not before, embarrassingly, I did late last year in a tight town centre carpark

Its a tool, and sadly gonna get stonechips, supermarket dings and jousting marks. Sad, but true. I don't let it upset me any more, there are far more important things in life to get stressed over...
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Mrs TheBoy drives mine whenever she pops out (driveway has 3 cars, but being single width, we just jump in the most convenient). And she's kerb it , but not before, embarrassingly, I did late last year in a tight town centre carpark

Its a tool, and sadly gonna get stonechips, supermarket dings and jousting marks. Sad, but true. I don't let it upset me any more, there are far more important things in life to get stressed over...
    Definitely one way of looking at it Boy....

Not necessarily stressed over it, just keen to avoid the many unnecessary door dings / dents / scuffs / scratches and kerbed alloys where possible lol

That's why she drives the X type and that's collected many scars already to date

Jim

16. Likes C16RKC, seagull, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    ... Its a tool, and sadly gonna get stonechips, supermarket dings and jousting marks. Sad, but true. I don't let it upset me any more, there are far more important things in life to get stressed over...
    It took me about a year to develop this attitude with my XK8, when I finally realised that I was never going to put in enough work to win a concours d'elegance, and I was using it it as a daily driver. So after spending 48 hours fettling, polishing, touching up and generally fussing, it would take precisely 37 seconds to get it mucky again. Toss in country hedges, other idiots and ASDA car parks and I knew that I had to develop a thicker skin or lose the Jag. Thicker skin it is.

The car park dings still irritate, but I grew out of the burning hatred and desire for revenge that characterised my first few weeks with the (automotive) object of my desire. People nicking my badges and hubcaps (what are those things called, anyway?) still pisses me off, though.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe

18. Likes Ashanti, C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over 15 years ago, I still remember when I parked on the road at a friends house years ago in my old XJ40 with cast iron chrome bonnet leaper.

When I got back to the car a mere 30 minutes later, someone had snapped the leaper off, it was on the floor, and on my bonnet I effectively just had a plinth with a Jaguar tail and bum!

The neighbourhood was not particularly bad, it was one of those new style estates full of 4-bedroom houses. But someone either touched the leaper and did it by accident or took a dislike to it.

Another time I was sat in the same car, parked up in a town car park. A family walk past and a teenage girl (probably around 15/16 years old) stops to 'stroke' the kitty on my bonnet. She looked ever so embarrassed when she looked up and saw me sat in the car watching her!

People will touch things - and there are also a lot of vandals out there I am afraid. Some people think its easier to break your nice things, than get nice things of their own...
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

20. Likes Ashanti, Jimbov8 liked this post
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast