Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s all going to end in tears Rich, a rod for your own back springs to mind. Don’t think Jim will be happy WHEN he’s relegated to the x type.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

2. Likes Ashanti, Ian D, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too true Cap'n, too true.

We're there for him, it's what brothers do.

Really must go now, can't be late on my last day, I'll defo have to engage the hyperdrive now.

You know what they say Jimbo,

You're never late in a V8
    Silentum Sicarius

Born 24 NOV 2005
    Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

Watch this Space

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

4. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC, Ian D, Super350, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    Too true Cap'n, too true.

We're there for him, it's what brothers do.

Really must go now, can't be late on my last day, I'll defo have to engage the hyperdrive now.

You know what they say Jimbo,

You're never late in a V8
    Brilliant, and you’re a poet and don’t know it.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

6. Likes C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,
    thanks for the observations regarding ride and road holding,your point about getting a test drive is quite right, i guess i am just holding off for the time being as we might be looking at suvs for ease of access in the future

8. Likes C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was me thinking we'd be having a Jolly weekend at Crieff... but it's looking more and more like we'll be consoling Jim after the loss of his dear Tanned temptress....

I'll deliberately leave a mark or a scuff on my car, so Jim can pick up on it. Will perhaps take his mind off things...

Good luck on your last day Rich!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

10. Likes Jimbov8, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read all these comments and all I hear is blah blah blah...........NOT biting lol

There's NO way on gods green earth, whenever or if ever hell freezes over that there'll be a swap or relegation.......I think.

2 weeks till Crieff boys n gals

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was the Cumbria International motor show held at Westmorland show ground Kendal, just off junction 36 of the M6

Alec was involved with the organisers and kind enough to extend an invitation, still with lots going on I said I was a definite maybe, but really intended to be there all things being equal. I have to say I'm glad I made the effort as it was such a great day in every respect.....

The weekend was busy, Tress had arranged a girlie night with some of her besties from school and so an overnight hotel stay ( copious amounts of alcohol involved !! ) had been arranged to coincide with an 80's theme night....cue the mayhem. I on the other hand had a quiet one.

Saturday was her nephews communion then on to the house for a session, we didn't stay too long, a shopping expedition followed for a few items I wanted to get and was over and done with nice n quickly. Then back to the house to prepare the car, just a quick 2 hour going over as Tress helped me!!!
    Yes gentleman you heard correctly, she actually helped me to clean / detail the car, she dealt with the interior etc whilst I cleaned the exterior, wheels, tyres, engine bay etc, this followed by a relaxing night.....

Up at 6am on a Sunday ( sacrilege as it's supposed to be the day of rest ) but up and onwards, leaving at 7am

A dozen or so Volvic Lemon / Strawberry water's were placed on ice in the cool bag for the journey and the day, add 2 large latte's to kick start the journey and we were all good.

The journey down was uneventful ( Mrs C had threatened to sit in the back and have a massage whilst watching a "true movie" but this didn't happen. Cruise set at 70mph and tootled on down seeing a group of around 6 Porsche's en route, I jumped in between them and convoyed on down stopping at Killington Lake services for a quick toilet break AND as we were nearing the event, a quick interim detail of the Jag.

Tress looked at.....( should read scowled at me!! ) but got out and helped yet again. I swear aliens have left the worst copy ever..
    We had a quick going over removing bugs from the windscreen and general road grime, brake dust etc, a wee quick 15 minute going over and off we went the last few miles.

Coming off at junction 36 and getting closer to the event we hit a little traffic as other attendees made their way in too. We get in and find the Jaguar section and are greeted by Alec who directs us to park up which we do.
    As we exit the car I say to tress, just time for a wee quick "final" going over, to which she tuts / sighs and asks really??
    I laugh and say, yes, really!!

The sun is shining albeit behind clouds at this point but warm / hot enough believe me, my red face will attest to the slight sunburn I picked up on the day, not the best look lol

It's a varied meet with all manner of marques represented from Jags to Porsches, BMW and Audi of course, TVR and Aston Martins, Bentley's and Ferarri's and much more, McLaren there too amongst others.
    I'd say Jaguar was well represented with around 25-30 in our little group, plus the Jaguar dealer and a smattering of others scattered about.

We caught up with both Alec and Simon who was there with his SuperV8 glistening in the sun, absolutely beautiful. Alec's Jag was a previously pictured, just immaculate, but not content with one car he had his BMW there too, also in amazing shape and the calipers looked awesome in the flesh against the newly refurbed wheels.

I caught up with Davidcumbria too there in the newly bought XK 5.0 Portfolio, what a machine!
    Good to catch up with him too in advance of Crieff just 2 weeks away now.....

The rest of the day was pretty much a blur, stood beside my baby with car doors open and was somewhat surprised by the amount of attention and reactions she got. We had many may visitors and could've made a small fortune with the seat massages on offer lol
    Even quite a few of the Porshce guys and a couple of BMW guys came over and checked her out, paying compliments etc etc, all really nice.

In fact so much so that it was around a little after 1 o clock before we closed the car and went looking for something to eat and had a wander round, meeting many people and enjoying some stunning cars both new and older classics.

So many people and so many cars, too much to mention really, but all very enjoyable,

See link to thread with full write up and many pics of the day here.... http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=108263

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

13. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see: you people with clean cars really, really impress the pants off me. Five minutes after washing (not detailing!) mine I am proudly wearing a set of muddy kitty tracks all up the bonnet.

How do you manage to keep the doors open for hours on end without needing a new battery? Mine complains after about 27 seconds!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930