Thread: Door rattle cured

Post Thanks / Like

Door rattle cured

An annoying slight rattle from inside drivers door.

Removed inner trim using tool bought on eBay after checking out instructions on line. Only tricky bit removing tweeter mount. Pull off all tweeter mount fixings directly into the car keeping mount parallel to original position to avoid breaking lower plastic hook fixing.

Nothing obviously rattling at first. Then checked out electric socket at Lower rear of door which attaches wiring on back of removed trim panel to wiring loom on metal panel now visible. This socket is mounted on plug fixing into metal panel where there was just enough movement to make a sound when I pushed and pulled on it. Additionally Secured the socket with some gaffer tape. Not surprising that this socket mount gets slightly damaged because apart from the door handle wire it is all that remains to attach the door trim and all its weight when trim is taken off and can easily end up getting pulled/ strained. All back together and rattle gone.Hurrah! Agonised for days about whether I wanted to start trying to pull trim panels off but so worth it in the end. Hope this helps someone.
    2010 Jaguar XK Portfolio 5.0 77k Metallic Black Ivory seats/ charcoal/ wood interior
    2005 Jaguar XJ 3.0 Sovereign 86k Midnight Black /champagne( previously owned and loved)
    1966 MGB roadster
    1976 Suzuki GT750 two stroke 2016 Yamaha MT07

At the end of the game the king and pawn go into the same box

2. Likes Ian D, 8bit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that. I have something sort of similar coming from my passenger door I think, I'll have a look at that based on this.