Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aircon not working properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    So reading between the lines, the i930 can't print but the later ones can print but do not add more diagnostics over the i930, right?

This implies that the others print on paper.

Or do they print wirelessly?

Or how?
    The newer models do have more functions, particularly with diesels, also a larger screen.

Printing is performed by connecting to a PC and using the icarsoft PC Client software.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, Android conversion (thanks Ben), rear parking sensors and camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    The newer models do have more functions, particularly with diesels, also a larger screen.

Printing is performed by connecting to a PC and using the icarsoft PC Client software.
    Thanks Mark. I'm surprised the i930 doesn't connect to a pc to print then.

But it's not a major problem for most people I think.

As for more functions for diesels, that's probably for current and more recent models than ours, and probably not relevant to the S Type diesel since they have not been made since 2008 and newer diesel models probably have different control modules so our diesels would not respond to the additional interrogation functions?

Can anyone clarify?

And the most recent iCarSoft tool is the LR v2.0 then?

Post Thanks / Like
    I received this reply from Alistair at Diagnostic World:

Hi Chris thanks for your email.

For your Jaguar S Class & X-Type we would recommend the iCarsoft LR V1.0.

The LR V1.0 is indeed the replacement for the i930, and has been designed to fix some communication errors that occur when the i930 connects to the S & X Jaguar cars.

The LR V2.0 is the replacement for the LR-II kit, and is also designed to fix the previous comms errors that the LR-II would give.

The V2.0 would only be beneficial in your case if your cars have DPF or the new style batteries which cater for the stop/start which I don’t think your cars would have.

So my advice is to go for the LR V1.0, it is better than the i930 but as it’s quite new has not seen a lot of mentions on forums etc, but I can assure you that’s it’s the better between the two kits.

We have it in stock with quick dispatch.

Kind regards & hope that helps.

Alistair
    Diagnostic World

So it looks like I'll get an LR v1.0 as it's the same price as the i930.
    2005 S-Type 2.7D
    1998 Yamaha Thunderace

4. Likes MarkFY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great.

So only diesel S and X Type owners with DPFs would be better off with the LR v2.0 and the LR v1.0 is good for other S and X Types.

Many thanks Thunderace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post

So only diesel S and X Type owners with DPFs would be better off with the LR v2.0 and the LR v1.0 is good for other S and X Types.

Another factor people will consider is the design of the LR V2.0 unit over the i930 and the LR V1.0 units, incorporating a larger screen and a different button layout. As well as being a little bit more future proof for owners who may have a diesel/dpf model in the future.

I personally preferred the layout of the LR V2.0 unit, which played a part in my decision.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, Android conversion (thanks Ben), rear parking sensors and camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    Another factor people will consider is the design of the LR V2.0 unit over the i930 and the LR V1.0 units, incorporating a larger screen and a different button layout. As well as being a little bit more future proof for owners who may have a diesel/dpf model in the future.

I personally preferred the layout of the LR V2.0 unit, which played a part in my decision.
    Thanks again Mark.

And... the price difference is only £50 more for the LR V2.0, £150?

That's just 3 code reads or so to repay the cost of the whole unit.

Is there any list of functions for the S Type or X Type that we can download?

Can it (LR v1.0 or v2.0) re-pair key fobs by any chance?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234