Thread: 2.2 x type 2009 estate radio not working

Post Thanks / Like

2.2 x type 2009 estate radio not working

Hi Folks,

looking for advice please. Tonight when starting up car, noticed radio display was not lit. Standard fit radio/cd player not touch screen. All around the radio is illuminated such as climate control and cigar lighter etc as is two side illuminations in the inside cd slot but radio/cd will not power up.

Any help or guidance/recommendations appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the state of your battery.
    Funny things happen to these cars when the battery is low.
    Try recycling the ignition.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 112K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiv View Post
    What is the state of your battery.
    Funny things happen to these cars when the battery is low.
    Try recycling the ignition.

Roger
    Hi Roger thanks for speedy response.
    Tonight had a very different issue when at home. A friend at work today on hearing my plight, got from his car the Jaguar hand book he purchased online and had himself delivered today. We checked the fuses in the book and noted the fuse is inside the car glove compartment. We duly arrived home, changed the fuse and hey presto.....the entire dash lights no longer illuminate and car does not start. I have the 2.2 diesel automatic. Having a few choice words aimed at the engine compartment (never did me any harm) a neighbour arrived with his trusted volt meter and advised same ''its the battery''. ''Had one of these myself and battery issues all the time''.
    His voltage machine quoted 12.6. after which some head scratching seemed to be the best way forward. I suggested we disconnect the battery as this seems to cure everything from minor issues to seized engines but again, sadly nothing.

so I am at a loss and now relying on searching out a car spark to try and figure out why I purchased an X type, sorry why the electrics have went this way. Still any advice greatly appreciated as I hate paying for anything a friend can do for me.....
    However what is recycling the ignition mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THEGOVERNORUK View Post
    Hi Roger thanks for speedy response.
    Tonight had a very different issue when at home. A friend at work today on hearing my plight, got from his car the Jaguar hand book he purchased online and had himself delivered today. We checked the fuses in the book and noted the fuse is inside the car glove compartment. We duly arrived home, changed the fuse and hey presto.....the entire dash lights no longer illuminate and car does not start. I have the 2.2 diesel automatic. Having a few choice words aimed at the engine compartment (never did me any harm) a neighbour arrived with his trusted volt meter and advised same ''its the battery''. ''Had one of these myself and battery issues all the time''.
    His voltage machine quoted 12.6. after which some head scratching seemed to be the best way forward. I suggested we disconnect the battery as this seems to cure everything from minor issues to seized engines but again, sadly nothing.

so I am at a loss and now relying on searching out a car spark to try and figure out why I purchased an X type, sorry why the electrics have went this way. Still any advice greatly appreciated as I hate paying for anything a friend can do for me.....
    However what is recycling the ignition mean?
    Fuse boxes changed during the 2004 facelift. Have you checked the electrical docs here for your model year.
    http://jagrepair.com/JaguarXTypeElec...OBDIIcodes.htm
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, Android conversion (thanks Ben), rear parking sensors and camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Recycling the ignition is just turning the ignition off and on again. But it sounds like that is not applicable here.
    Are you sure you replaced the right fuse with a good one.
    I ignored fuse 43 (in the passenger fuse box) which is the ignition live to the radio as that fuse also powers other items.
    Fuse 44 is the permanent battery feed .

Roger
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 112K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiv View Post
    Recycling the ignition is just turning the ignition off and on again. But it sounds like that is not applicable here.
    Are you sure you replaced the right fuse with a good one.
    I ignored fuse 43 (in the passenger fuse box) which is the ignition live to the radio as that fuse also powers other items.
    Fuse 44 is the permanent battery feed .

Roger
    I also wondered if the fuse that was replaced, had been replaced with the same / correct rating.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 76K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, acm, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, Android conversion (thanks Ben), rear parking sensors and camera.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFY View Post
    I also wondered if the fuse that was replaced, had been replaced with the same / correct rating.
    Hi Roger, thanks again for taking time to reply. I have tried replacing both 43 and 44 same rating and still nothing. I am certainly no spark, but sense there is no power getting from ignition to battery (for some strange reason.) Battery still fine, lights work, central locking as well but not electric windows, dash or ignition?? Still a bleeping noise for about 5 seconds when ignition turned on and nothing else.
    I think this is heading towards a spark needing to visit although theses are a rare breed it appears having asked around.

I will post an update when fixed if I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it was me I would first try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery and touch the two leads together for a couple of minutes to discharge all capacitors etc. Then reconnect the battery and try again. You will need your radio code and to reset windows etc.
    It sounds like when you replaced the fuses you could have dislodged something like one of the harness plugs on the front of the fuse box. Easily done if you have big hands.

Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add the Bleeping could be the immobilizer warning.

Roger