Hello and Welcome to Jaguar Froum Register
if this is your first visit, please click the register button to join the worlds #1 jaguar forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anti Popup Policy

Dear Visitor,

Here at the Car Forum Network, we have a policy which ensures that any forum within the Car Forum Network, does not have any pop ups. We believe this to be a hassle and as such do not endorse them.

As all of our development team use the internet day in day out, there is nothing worse than pop up’s, popping up all the time so you don’t have to worry about this here.

If you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to post a message in our comments and suggestions section our developers will review this regularly, and try to implement as many as possible.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite having all my setting on "block pop ups", certain threads seem loaded down with "click adds".

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    What's a "click ad?" Got an example thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    A click ad is where you have an add or pop up add that when you click it, the company gets paid.

Not quiet the same as pop ups which are just annoying. Some threads threads have these irritating things embedded in them.

On the X type forum, I seem to get 2 click adds each time I look at the Steel Wheel Sizes thread (add for drivers and insurance).

I am going to have a good long look at my computer today as despite having all of the pop ups switched off and having run three different virus and PC cleaners, I still get these adds.

While writing this post, I have just had a pop up for a free trial for Netflix. Got to look hard at my machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been to the Steel Wheel Szizes thread, and got nothing at all. No popups, and no "speech bubbles", where you hover the mouse over a link, and a cartoon-style speech bubble appears - are those the things you mean?

Do you get a new browser window opening (that's a pop-up) or is the ad entirely within the page itself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem solved.

Sorry to bother you. It turned out to be Firefox.

I removed Firefox from my bookmarks and that seems to clear the problem. I found this out by trying another browser and it didn't happen so I went back and dug deeper.

Sorry to put the blame on jag. Still, shows that I pay attention and spend a lot of time on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fat Boy Slim, I too get ads I do not want both here and on my mail account, I think it me be some thing to do with fire fox. Could you point me in the right direection to turn these things off

stue
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...2/stu/65xx.jpg
    Bi-Xenons, Sat Nav, Fixed Phone, F and R Park Aid, Headlamp Wash, Heated Seats, Jag Voice, Elec Rear Sunblind, Auto Lights and Washers, Auto Dimming mirrors, Heated front Screen, Memory Seats, CD Multichanger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Adblock Plus on Chrome to stop all these annoying type ads - I do believe there is a FF version.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks DJ .... I have not gone over to chrome yet as I dont like change, but i think I'l give it a go.....when i get round to it
    http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...2/stu/65xx.jpg
    Bi-Xenons, Sat Nav, Fixed Phone, F and R Park Aid, Headlamp Wash, Heated Seats, Jag Voice, Elec Rear Sunblind, Auto Lights and Washers, Auto Dimming mirrors, Heated front Screen, Memory Seats, CD Multichanger.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a popup, but I just got a Google Ads malware, a thing called "InboxViewer". It's an ad disguised as a forum inbox saying you have messages, and when you click on it, it asks you to install software, which is undoubtedly malware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast