Thread: Warning: Bad experience with JustJags

Post Thanks / Like

Warning: Bad experience with JustJags

New to the forum so apologies if this has been topic has been covered elsewhere in the forum. I just had a very disturbing experience with JustJags and I feel compelled to share it with you, in the hope that you can avoid the same.

Just before Xmas I ordered a mascot leaper from JustJags for my Septuagenarian father who has, after decades of coveting, finally given in and treated himself to a Jag. I am not fussed about this sort decoration, but he was chuffed by the idea of a mascot as a gift. Justjags debited my card as soon as I placed the order, as you would expect.

Weeks went by with no sign of said leaper. After leaving it possibly too long (five weeks), I emailed JustJags and asked for a status update on the order. Expecting some explanation as to goods being out of stock and the like, I was very surprised when I was told that my original order was considered fraudulent! Apparently there was a problem with the address I had given.

Now, bear in mind that I had heard nothing from the supplier up until this point and the cash had long left my account. After sending my email I then suddenly recieved a mail from the payment processing system indeed declaring my order fraudulent. Five weeks after the order was placed. Suspicious. Naturally I politely complained about this poor example of customer relations and asked if they could confirm the status of the order. Nothing for another week.

At this stage I started to get concerned so last week I wrote another email asking for an explanation of the order processing tardiness. Nothing again.

The written word not having the desired effect, I called the company and spoke to the owner, Douglas Carr (sic). This was a mistake. The call was surreal. Mr Carr would not take any responsibility for the miscommunication to me about the order stopping. He claimed that the notice of fraudulent order was sent immediately when that was clearly not the case. When asked about why the money was not refunded if the order was fraudulent, no sensible answer was forthcoming. When asked about my further 2 emails he claimed not to have received them, depsite having recieved and responding to my first email. He then embarked on what can only be described as a rant about how "imbecilic" it was to incorrectly address orders. This ended in him begrudgingly declaring he would find out what happened to the refund.

But it did not end there. I was curious so I asked him if this was the way JustJags normally treated their customers. His reply was to swear and hang up.

Within 10 minutes of the call abruptly coming to an end, I receieved an email notification that the refund to my card had been processed. Suspicious again.

Make what of this episode what you will but I for one will never be shopping at JustJags in future. I urge you not to either.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Warning: Bad experience with JustJags

Sorry to read of your bad experience, pleased that your money was refunded. I like others occasionally give out lists of parts suppliers, your post will be attached to Justjags in future lists that I send out. So that others can judge.
    Hope that your Father got his Leaper in the end.

Roger.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds dreadful. Will consider myself warned!
    ------------------------------
    2000 LWB Daimler Super V8

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like good old customer service ....nothing at all
    Hope you have managed to get your leaper elsewhere!
    XF'S. (Sold) Replaced with Audi A8
    X300 4 litre Sport Aquamarine and Cream Leather Celtic Alloys
    Triumph Stag for the Saturday/Sunday sunny afternoons!

Post Thanks / Like

Was the only bidder on ebay for one of their auctions for a Jag Nav Disc Unit for in the boot
    They pulled the plug on the auction just before the time ran out for them to do so when I was winning at 99p
    Within moments the same unit was relisted as a buy it now for £450 or "Make An Offer"
    Offered 99p again with a message re pulling the plug on my bid and got banned from bidding on their items which isnt a great loss
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... OC:GB:1123
    BuckMR2

07 XJ LWB Sovereign TDVi, 141k,
    X358 Grille, Modified Torque Convertor,
    DECARB'ED, Mina Stainless Bpr Grill,
    Redstuff Ceramics, 20" Callistos,
    Rear Entertainment , 2012 Nav
    DPF removed, EGRs deleted,
    Methanol injection..being finished as you read this.
    kitchen sink...
    12 Reg Qashqai+2 Teckna 2.0 TD Auto best bar none (for sale in General Items for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Bad luck on the bad customer service, people do themselves no credit when they behave like this

I do have to say tho' when I purchased my rear wishbones from them on ebay they were very helpful and quick to deliver, and although their auction was for one, they sold me another at the same price even tho' it was £70 less than their own website prices.